News:

SPECIAL NOTICE - See SAAC-50 Forum for DATE CHANGE for SAAC-50

Main Menu

1968 Bulb Sockets

Started by lockfish, October 04, 2024, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lockfish

Are there any suppliers of original style bulb sockets for the external lights (marker, turn, tail, etc.) without buying a repro light assembly?  I want to use my orginal assemblies and only need the socket.  Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: lockfish on October 04, 2024, 01:33:42 PMAre there any suppliers of original style bulb sockets for the external lights (marker, turn, tail, etc.) without buying a repro light assembly?  I want to use my orginal assemblies and only need the socket.  Thanks
I am not aware of anyone selling a repro socket and pigtail by itself . Typically a original housing chrome will go bad before the socket does. Of course repro isn't worth messing with. I would reuse the original socket/ pigtail wire and replate it if it needs freshening up. If the socket or wire pigtail is damaged beyond repair or is a later non assemblyline version I would repurpose one from another used original unit.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

lockfish

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.