News:

SPECIAL NOTICE - See SAAC-50 Forum for DATE CHANGE for SAAC-50

Main Menu

Mecum Indy 2019

Started by Bigfoot, May 19, 2019, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

Anyone have the results for the Boss9's and the Cobra Jet Mustang convertibles?
Thnx
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

sfm5

Here's a few B9's

Lot F149 KK 2156 $192,500 Sold
Lot F182 KK 1614 $170K Sold
Lot S130 KK 1480 $280K Bid goes on
Lot S182 KK 2403 $175K Bid goes on
65 GT350

Coralsnake

Personally, I have discouraged people from using auction results to determine values. They dont reflect the market in my opinion.  I dont think you can make the case there was no money at this auction. Im guessing Mecum has added their fee to these prices. Here are some 1968 Shelby prices from Indy:

1968 GT500 convertible MCA champion $118k
1968 GT 500 fastback survivor $77k
1968 GT350 Hertz $88k
1968 GT500 fastback $88k
1968 GT500 KR fastback $110k
1968 GT350 convertible $116k
1968 GT500 convertible $110k
1968 GT500 KR convertible $99k

I recall just a few weeks ago a post about a single KR fastback that sold high at an auction. Where are those posters that were all giddy now? ..and dont make me go back and find it.

;)

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

CharlesTurner

Pete: Did you see the 68's that were there?  There was a lot to be desired in terms of quality.

The GT500 concours car... asterisk to that one is Lime Gold automatic.

There's so many factors that go into what the end results were.  Might also address some type of 'market saturation' for the number of cars vs. number of buyers.  I heard only half of the Minter T-birds sold.  How can there be competitive buyers for so many offered at once?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: CharlesTurner on May 20, 2019, 01:23:27 PM
Pete: Did you see the 68's that were there?  There was a lot to be desired in terms of quality.

The GT500 concours car... asterisk to that one is Lime Gold automatic.

There's so many factors that go into what the end results were.  Might also address some type of 'market saturation' for the number of cars vs. number of buyers.  I heard only half of the Minter T-birds sold.  How can there be competitive buyers for so many offered at once?
+1 . That was probably the best done quality and historical looking over all Mustang car at the auction however the color and trans hurt it big time IMO. If you are going to have automatic then you had better have A/C to at least help offset the negative auto trans effect in today's collector car market place.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

KR Convertible

I looked at that car online.  It appeared to have some hood fit issues, and a repro air cleaner lid.  To it's credit, also appears to have an assembly line air filter.

Coralsnake

I agree there are many factors that go into the price. That is why you have to be cautious about using auction prices. I was not at the auction, but I know several of these cars from past encounters
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: KR Convertible on May 20, 2019, 02:56:45 PM
I looked at that car online.  It appeared to have some hood fit issues, and a repro air cleaner lid.  To it's credit, also appears to have an assembly line air filter.
Lime gold auto car had original lid and nominal fit when I saw it at the auction a few days ago.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bigfoot

185.1 Red '69 CJ Cvt. Auto. Bid to 110k No sale.
160.I Maroon " " " heavily optioned car. Auto. Also to 110k No sale.
190.0 Red     " " " (outstanding) car. 4-spd. Pedigreed and former ZZ Top ownership. Bid to 170k No sale.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

shelbymann1970

While not a Shelby I wondered the 170K no-sale on the 70 Twister special SCJ Mustang. 100K for a stripe/gimmick kit?. Automatic car? I looked the car over and was glad they had mirrors so I could see the Reproduction floorpans in the car. 6 figures you could at least find factory Ford sheet metal for the resto. i see that and really quit looking at what else was repo on the car....I also kept wondering on  the 68s Shelbys was where are the hubcaps? I joked to my wife as I had 2 complete sets in the back of my truck. :)
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on May 20, 2019, 08:33:02 PM
While not a Shelby I wondered the 170K no-sale on the 70 Twister special SCJ Mustang. 100K for a stripe/gimmick kit?. Automatic car? I looked the car over and was glad they had mirrors so I could see the Reproduction floorpans in the car. 6 figures you could at least find factory Ford sheet metal for the resto. i see that and really quit looking at what else was repo on the car....I also kept wondering on  the 68s Shelbys was where are the hubcaps? I joked to my wife as I had 2 complete sets in the back of my truck. :)
There were two 70 Twister Specials. One was a 4sp and the other a automatic. I think the 4 sp was the one that bid up to 170K and no sale. It was a very good historic restoration . The auto was not near as nice. I wasn't around when the auto went through but would be interested to know. 

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 20, 2019, 08:44:43 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on May 20, 2019, 08:33:02 PM
There were two 70 Twister Specials. One was a 4sp and the other a automatic. I think the 4 sp was the one that bid up to 170K and no sale. It was a very good historic restoration . The auto was not near as nice. I wasn't around when the auto went through but would be interested to know.
Thanks. I saw the auto and missed the 4 speed while heading to the main building-didn't know it was there. The auto was bid to even more-180K on Sat(I went and looked up the results)I still cannot comprehend why buyers will pay that much more for a twister but to each their own. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626