News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Gasser

Started by deathsled, September 08, 2019, 04:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

If I was to own a Chevy this, or one like this gasser would be the one. I have a very soft spot for the 55 Chevy gasser.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Chevrolet-Bel-Air-150-210/273990010208
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

Dying a slow death here, seeing what looks like an original "back in the day" Chevy gasser slip from my grasp.  I have no more room for cars unless I buy a used car lot.  Someone is going to get an amazing Chevy drag car.  What a beauty.  Just looking at it makes me happy with all its patina and that solid front axle.  Bellissimo!

Bigfoot

As someone who has a 55,.......or as Kiwi would say,.."double nickel ",   that is a nice piece but honestly needs sooo much work.
I think easier to start with a nice 55 with a Muncie and a 383 and convert to Gasser.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

427heaven

From an older view point, I would install an L 88, injected with a Glide, 4.88 GEARS and Blue lexan windows. That's how I remember them from the 60s ;D

deathsled

The car still looks fairly solid as a base to begin. I'm into cars with a story to them from bygone eras. They are mysterious and if only they could talk...

pbf777

If one looks at the steel channel used for the rear control arms (ladder bars, sort of) front mounting, I believe the two sections were originally intended as one, but has since been sectioned, perhaps due to drive shaft clearance issues.  As currently presented, I would not trust the execution as it may prove to be a wild ride.       :o

Scott.