News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Deluxe Door Panel Inserts

Started by eric lipper, November 23, 2020, 08:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thank you. They are, and I have been in contact with them.

They look....pretty decent, if not really the same. So mad at myself for not getting the Burton's earlier, I was waiting for the matching dash kits and it never came together.

The biggest problem I have the the Drake stuff (I assume Chinese?) is that in order to get the dash appliqués, you have to buy the entire dash pieces. My originals are very good and I have a couple NOS gauge bezels to choose from. I just wanted to replace the appliqués . I guess that might not be possible any more.

T-Bone68

Quote from: 2112 on August 02, 2024, 04:05:22 PMhttp://www.burtonantiqueautoparts.com/store.php#!/1967-Ford-Mustang-Deluxe-Door-Panel-Brushed-Aluminum-Inserts/p/17302469/category=4000249

With Burton apparently no longer making these, what has been the go-to solution?

With Burton, best to call them.  A few years ago I was watching the web site for months hoping an item would come back in stock.  When I finally called they said they had them and were really helpful with options beyond what was listed.  They don't necessarily keep the web site updated.

Great to know, I will do that first thing Monday morning.

Thank you

rcgt350

I have a set of the Scott Drake inserts after purchasing Burton pieces several years ago, theirs appeared very glossy and grey looking, so I returned them right away, the SD pieces have a much better resemblance to originals in my opinion, I'm not near the parts right at this time, but I think they don't have the front edge curve over, which I know isn't correct for my early 67' but I felt something was better than nothing in the resemblance area.