News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Get Your Orders in Right Away

Started by Don Johnston, February 16, 2022, 10:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnston

Only ten carbon fiber,  800 horsepower, 60th Anniversary Cobras will be made.  Priced at $1,200,000.00

https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/Shelby-Carbon-Cobra

Looks like it will be the next auction fever object as I doubt any will see more than parade laps on a track as it is not street legal and rather production limited.  But I could be wrong (again) and some owner might risk some full speed runs on a speedway somewhere. 8)

FL SAAC

Never seen a carbon fiber paper weight before

Thanks for posting  !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

68countrysedan

Huh?!??

A million two for a race car? An Indycar doesn't even cost that much. And a buyer (see brains, more money than) is going to drive it an track and maybe ding the bodywork, or worse? Reminds me of the old racer dictum regarding racing costs of not spending more money than  you're willing to leave on the track.

Plus I've never been a fan of the carbon fiber look. Is paint optional?

shelbydoug

It's about exclusivity. The Hedge (hog) Fund guys bought up everything else and need something new that no one else has.

For them it's like collecting Baseball cards..."got it, got it, need it".

I never weighed a Cobra aluminum body myself but as I recall some of the press was fond of quoting the weight at something like thirty pounds.

This thing is just another curiosity in a world full of other curiosities? None of it pushes my buttons.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

csxsfm

oldcanuck

I think I'd rather take the $1.2 and go find a real 289 or 427 ........ but that's just my .02 ...... I mean 1.2
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

gt350hr

+1 leave the "new tech" to someone else.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

67 GT350

Quote from: oldcanuck on February 17, 2022, 09:58:56 AM
I think I'd rather take the $1.2 and go find a real 289 or 427 ........ but that's just my .02 ...... I mean 1.2

WOW another disappointment headline!!!! Clicked on it and its about a car!!!
I thought it was for putting in your order for a 67 REGISTRY!!!
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

+ 101 or should I say a million + 1
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

If it's about weight why not carbon wheels & suspension bits? Getting that unsprung weight down is where it's at.

There is nothing Cobra about it - it's just another licensing scheme car where SA puts some money in their pocket to keep the lights on. But it will have a CS signature on the dash so I guess it's real.

https://classic-recreations.com/classic-recreations-models/?gclid=CjwKCAiAgbiQBhAHEiwAuQ6BkkbJ3i1FJ2NQ0htn3iq28AzkDsS6ZMSbaJ4yeZbN8lcmEP639HVYqhoCz6YQAvD_BwE

officially licensed Shelby Cobra, dubbed the "Diamond Edition" in honor of Shelby's 60th anniversary, will be a force to be reckoned with on the race track. Granted a unique CSX____ series license by Shelby Licensing, each will feature a specially designed custom diamond encrusted badge and feature Carroll Shelby's signature on the dashboard.

WHO?????? This innovation meets performance with a custom designed, geometrically correct chassis and suspension designed by Jason Engel, founder and Vice President of Design and Engineering of Classic Recreations.

I guess they are going for the old fat hedge fund guys...... The iconic Cobra not only has been infused with modern engineering but was reimagined to include updated technology and more comfort, like an extended cabin for extra legroom to further enhance the driver experience.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

oldcanuck

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 17, 2022, 10:29:13 AM

WOW another disappointment headline!!!! Clicked on it and its about a car!!!
I thought it was for putting in your order for a 67 REGISTRY!!!

Fran,

I initially thought the same thing......

Bob
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

vtgt500

Not impressed.  Reminds me of the person with a cobra kit car that attends all the local shows.  Has a large professionally printed placard on an art easel detailing every attribute about the vehicle.  No one ever breaks stride to stop and look.  Meanwhile, the Dodge Dart or VW camper nearby draws a crowd.  For a vehicle to garner interest, people have to connect to it.  A $1.2M kit car will get less attention than the hot dog stand.

Side-Oilers

To Doug's point...what does an aluminum 427 Cobra body weigh?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

csxsfm

Less than a carbon fiber one!  LOL