News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Shelby Wheel Covers on CL (please comment)

Started by JWH, October 23, 2022, 09:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

I came across this ad on Craigslist for NOS 1967 Shelby (Thunderbird) wheel covers including the center inserts. Comments on if these are original and any details are most welcome.
Jeff
https://omaha.craigslist.org/wto/d/omaha-nos-1967-shelby-gt350-gt500-wheel/7535740747.htmlC

Bob Gaines

It comes back as a bad CL link. I have however seen the ad before. It has been around for approximately 6 months . I have  had at least 3 people ask me about it in that time. It may be perfectly legit however I am a little leery . Marty Rupp is in that neck of the woods and he might be a good go between. In fact Marty asked me about them. I would not feel comfortable unless I had someone eye everything in person before money exchanged hands. FYI the emblems look genuine. If they are then they are the first service ones that I have ever seen separate from the hubcaps in all my years. NOS Shelby hubcaps come with them already attached.  That is how rare service hubcap emblems are . FYI they are a much smaller then ten spoke emblems and if you cut down ten spoke emblems to fit the hubcaps then you crop off some of the snake.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

Does anyone have a picture of one of the emblems?

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.