News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The Black Ghost Hemi Challenger at Mecum

Started by daltondavid, January 07, 2023, 03:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daltondavid

Great car with a great story. What do you think it will bring when the hammer drops?
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

mark p

I saw that - will be a dream for one person... Who wouldn't LOVE to have that car in their garage? 8)
I'm sure that the hammer price will be well beyond most of us mortals  :-\
Since I'm not "up" on current-day pricing... what would a "regular" Hemi Challenger be worth (not included in the Historic Vehicle Registry)?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird / '22 Mach 1

deathsled

I am surprised that the family is selling it.  But that is almost always the way when you leave the planet.  Your pride and joy gets sold.  But maybe you continue to drive the black ghost in the afterlife, as, ahem, a ghost.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on January 08, 2023, 02:36:28 PM
I am surprised that the family is selling it.  But that is almost always the way when you leave the planet.  Your pride and joy gets sold.  But maybe you continue to drive the black ghost in the afterlife, as, ahem, a ghost.

Lots of times to settle an estate things need to be sold. If there isn't enough to divide it up evenly and one of the heirs doesn't have the cash to add to the pot it gets sold. Shelby's original Cobra is a prime example.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

roddster

I've seen this car twice at recent MCACN shows recently.  I don't think its value is beyond $300,000, IE; Boss 429 category.
It has a great story, and family sentimental value.
   I'm sure if any former owners of B9's would fess up, there are also way-out-there stories about those cars too.
  (and please take those stories to another thread)

chris NOS

I saw this beauty in MCACN 2022 , and i guess it 'will fetch  1 million , because it's all original paint ,motor ,trans, gator top ,interior, documentation,history ,one owner ect ... not possible to find the same car nowhere on the planet , i guess it could finish in the Brother collection...
the last "original" hemi challenger sold for 500 K  , and it was far away from this car in condition,originality etc... but a nice black 4 speeds just pop up for sale on hemmings at 244K  claim to have 17000 miles only. we'll see ... i wish i could afford another car now...

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Quote from: daltondavid on January 07, 2023, 03:16:38 PM
Great car with a great story. What do you think it will bring when the hammer drops?
Being local I've seen that car up close a few times . Not mint but is a nice original and a really cool car and story . Being a National Historic vehicle is pretty heady. A Detroit cop who used to go out and street race.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

FL SAAC

not to take away from the ghost,  but this 70 Poncho just sold for one million dollars plus fees

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on January 13, 2023, 03:22:51 PM
not to take away from the ghost,  but this 70 Poncho just sold for one million dollars plus fees
I'm sure one of our members here will be real happy as he has one of the 8 RA IV 4 speed cars made. He has it in Boyton Beach.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on January 13, 2023, 03:36:00 PM
I'm sure one of our members here will be real happy as he has one of the 8 RA IV 4 speed cars made. He has it in Boyton Beach.

+ 1. he should go after this one also

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

can't wait until the May 12-20 auction to see the dollars drop on the Ghost

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on January 13, 2023, 06:30:26 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on January 13, 2023, 03:36:00 PM

+ 1. he should go after this one also
I saw the orbit orange car sell for 1 mil. It was an auto. My friend's car is a 4 speed. So I wonder what is the added value of a 4 speed? Red/red interior/ white top and restored right by the best. I wonder if he will chime in? He already owns a 7 figure Shelby(67 vert).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990