News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

2024 Dark Horse has two big advantages over C8 Corvette

Started by deathsled, July 14, 2023, 06:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

That is such a funny article, probably scripted and paid for by Ford.

But here it is their words,  not mine they drive their own stake into their own heart LMAO  :

While the 2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse offers a track-happy manual gearbox and produces more horsepower than the C8 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray, the 'Vette is in a different category altogether. With mid-engine construction and 0 to 60 mph times under 3.0 seconds, the Stingray is more of a supercar than a performance coupe akin to the Mustang. Even with grippy Pirelli P Zero Trofeo RS rubber, a Torsen limited-slip differential, and Gurney flap-equipped rear wing, the Dark Horse will have a difficult time outrunning a Stingray Z51 just about anywhere.

C8 rules  !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

May I add :

The Ford Mustang GT 0-60 MPH is achieved in 4.4 seconds and does the quarter-mile run in 12.6 seconds.

The C8 0-60 MPH is achieved in 2.8 seconds and does the quarter-mile run in 11.3 seconds.

Remember you could a had a C8 !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

67 GT350

For some reason, I do not see the old grey/bald men that buy the plastic pig being able to get those times, remember these are men like JB who will lie and say "this car can do... and they never will.
And for the kids that have one of them, it will finish in a wreck or worse on the streets. So they might get that time once and the car will be a memory.
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on July 14, 2023, 08:33:13 AM
For some reason, I do not see the old grey/bald men that buy the plastic pig being able to get those times, remember these are men like JB who will lie and say "this car can do... and they never will.
And for the kids that have one of them, it will finish in a wreck or worse on the streets. So they might get that time once and the car will be a memory.

Those GEEZERS put putt around in their wana be ferraris and lambos. Although not on trailers they are treated as trailer Queens. The5 constantly have a rag and product X as they polish their cars, armor all their tires etc

They put on the swing up doors, they put those fake Ferrari stickers emblems on the side that make you do a double take , then you see the C8 in the emblem not a horse

All I can say is very "Deutsch Bagish"

As far as times it's all about your staging and reaction time ....let's go

Here is the 2024 pricing,  you just can't beat this car on value, braking, handling, acceleration,  world class

I have all UNGOLD cars

67 GT350

Yes, they will mosey to the C&C on Saturday mornings and tell all the lookers how fast it is......according to Motor Trend...
Some will brag about its mid engine that you cannot see...See a real engine below. And no hood is even open!!!!
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

It is fast and in a convertible C8 you cant see the engine at all unless your going to put a quart of oil in it and then the dip sticks cant find the dip stick.....

The Ford  ( 2nd edition) GT is one helluva car, it will pull ahead of a regular C8 top end ( I've been told )

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

You need to compare apples to apples. They look at the "normal" Vette with 495 HP and compare it to the top of the line Dark Horse with 500 HP. How about they compare the bottom of the line Vette's 495 to the bottom of the line Mustang with 315 HP - OK that's a 4 cylinder and the V8 does have 480 HP. Wait they want how much for a 20 HP upgrade? The article surely forgot a 3rd advantage for Ford - a vastly higher profit margin.

Now the apples to apples shows  This Z06 edition of the legendary Corvette returns for 2024 with a hand-built LT6 5.5-liter flat-plane-crank engine, generating an expected 670 horsepower and powering this automobile to supercar status.

And what genius came up with the Coyote name for an engine? Everyone knows MoPar mopped up the Coyote with the Road Runner. But, Ford stole that moniker too.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 14, 2023, 12:50:21 PM
It is fast and in a convertible C8 you cant see the engine at all unless your going to put a quart of oil in it and then the dip sticks cant find the dip stick.....

The Ford  ( 2nd edition) GT is one helluva car, it will pull ahead of a regular C8 top end ( I've been told )

Oh and about that 2nd generation GT

O to 60 it got smoked

1/4 mile depending on who got off the line first it was truly a toss up

Sometimes GT  Sometimes C8

Top end Ford GT ( V8 2005  14,500 +/- miles what a waste of a car)

These are only pure speculations, non of this ever occurred

Lastly;

Dear Mr. Moderator,

Don't disappear this post like most of the other C8 posts. Please understand the "C8" is not a bad word. It just happens to be the only continuous affordable American sports car ever made that is now a world class production automobile.

Forever grateful for your understanding in this matter.

Much love,

Tony

I have all UNGOLD cars

67 GT350

Who cares, it is a collector car, if that was the case for your cause, if you own a Shelby, you need to sell it, because it is slow. I am looking for a 69-70, If you willing to go 80K on a 66, I willl give you 35K for car...LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Thanking baby Jesus we don't have to sell anything.  Yes those shelby's are slow 14 in the quarter.

Priorities are always changing at this point I dont believe we want another old car not even a 66 to complete our Hertz collection.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Oh by the way, you know at $35k we are making money on that transaction,  but it's definitely a no, don't need the cash at this moment. 

But really appreciate your offer amigo,  until next time happy trails

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: 67 GT350 on July 14, 2023, 04:54:37 PM
Who cares, it is a collector car, if that was the case for your cause, if you own a Shelby, you need to sell it, because it is slow. I am looking for a 69-70, If you willing to go 80K on a 66, I willl give you 35K for car...LOL

HAHA, LOL!! Perfect. I offered Tony 10K for his turd.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

deathsled

Hanging out with my son and look what happens.  I first say that no one ever sings about a Corvette. Second, I prefer the all carbon fiber Ford GT if one has the means. Just don't take it down into the ocean depths to see the Titanic.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 15, 2023, 07:55:38 AM
Quote from: deathsled on July 14, 2023, 09:25:27 PM
Hanging out with my son and look what happens.  I first say that no one ever sings about a Corvette. Second, I prefer the all carbon fiber Ford GT if one has the means. Just don't take it down into the ocean depths to see the Titanic.

Prince did sing about "the Little Red Corvette" and here's 20 more Corvette tunes

Fir the money we prefer owning a space shuttle about the same price but considerably much faster....

Originally these 50 units sold for $750k (ouch) the few that have bern sold have been for a low of $976k to a high of $1,540k (double  ouch)

Once upon a time the 2nd generation GT was almost attainable for the working man, but soon it to ran away into Unobtainable Land. The 3rd generation is is outer space territories to far for the working man to reach.

C8

Hey, Forum/Village Idiot...where is Prince now? Dead, just like your ugly, old man, over priced slow Corvette.
Since you love Corvettes so much, go over to the 'Vette site and type away....just like every mid life crisis old men.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30