News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Happy Collector Day 2023

Started by FL SAAC, July 14, 2023, 08:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Wishing all a happy collectors day !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

There is a fine line between collecting and hoarding.  Check with your spouse. 8)

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Don Johnston on July 14, 2023, 06:21:31 PM
There is a fine line between collecting and hoarding.
Some people don't realize you can only ride one at a time. That's why I only have 1 skateboard - the clay wheel Hobie I bought in the 60s.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

I remember using those clay wheel boards in th '60s.  They were not rough road friendly. And the trucks and wheels did not last very long. 8)

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Don Johnston on July 14, 2023, 09:38:42 PM
I remember using those clay wheel boards in the '60s.  They were not rough road friendly. And the trucks and wheels did not last very long. 8)
They did wear and you felt every bump in the road. I don't think I had the box for mine. It was a plain wood one - I suspect my dad bought it out of some employees trunk on the cheap. They were made around the corner from Belanger Headers and Covico steering wheels. VitaPakt was a huge local citrus company with packing houses in about every town around here. They eventually shipped everything out of Covina. They still have offices in town but I suspect once all the land is converted to housing they'll limit their SoCal operations to their big tank farm in Ontario where they process all the orange juice they get from Brazil.  https://www.surfertoday.com/skateboarding/the-day-vita-pakt-juice-company-got-into-skateboarding
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Clay wheeled "sidewalk surfboard"1965 sears hangten...35" of pure danger..One pebble,and.........

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars