News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ending the Corvette C8 controversy once and for all

Started by deathsled, July 15, 2023, 04:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

We can all settle down, relax and learn to love the C8 when we finally realize and accept that the C8 is a Ford GT kit car.  Oh!  I did not just write that.  That was a mean comment.  Didn't mean nuthin' by it. Just makin' conversation.

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

I think Tony is about ready to make me flip a coin.  Dreading it.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on July 15, 2023, 04:57:59 PM
.... the C8 is a Ford GT kit car. 
Ford v Ferrari
all the cars on set were powered by Chevrolet LS3 engines connected to a Porsche transaxle for ease of use  https://www.volocars.com/vehicles/16968/1966-ford-gt40

A sheep in wolf's clothing.....
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Tony keeps removing my comments. He can sure dish it out...yet he CAN'T take it.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on July 15, 2023, 04:57:59 PM
We can all settle down, relax and learn to love the C8 when we finally realize and accept that the C8 is a Ford GT kit car.  Oh!  I did not just write that.  That was a mean comment.  Didn't mean nuthin' by it. Just makin' conversation.

The second gen GT maybe the kit car. You know Ford commissioned a third party to developer it AC unit ?

Hmmmmmm
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

2024 C8 Pricing

https://youtu.be/NbCzQURXUNE

This video breaks down pricing on the C8, the Z06 and the ERay.

Once you see this you will see what a great deal this car is and nothing at these price points can touch any of the three C8 models.

Winner !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

This is simple :

No waiting list

No interviews

No contract prohibiting you from selling it

Affordable

Disposable

Enjoy able

World class American sports car

C8 !

P. S. If you want it immediately just pay over M. S. R. P. and you can drive it off the show room floor TODAY !

Is this a great country or what.....

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

One could always opt for the Woolly Mammoth car that was super fast in the show Pinks.

98SVT - was 06GT

I will admit this is probably the best feature. But I do now remember why FL people prefer 2 seat cars.

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 17, 2023, 08:25:26 AM
This is simple :

No waiting list

No interviews

Affordable

Disposable

Enjoy able

C8 !

P. S. If you want it immediately just pay over M. S. R. P. and you can drive it off the show room floor TODAY !

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 17, 2023, 10:31:43 AM
I will admit this is probably the best feature

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 17, 2023, 08:25:26 AM
This is simple :

No waiting list

No interviews

Affordable

Disposable

Enjoy able

C8 !

You ain't kidding, we are patiently awaiting our 2024. Start fresh with a new warranty, life is good !

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

When did this turn into the Corvette C8 club? Is there a sub-heading here for these people?

I used to see the Corvettes on the track with us at the "Convention" but not lately?

Maybe they got the idea that they aren't welcome? Are they all too short, fat and bald loud mouths?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 17, 2023, 11:41:35 AM
When did this turn into the Corvette C8 club? Is there a sub-heading here for these people?

I used to see the Corvettes on the track with us at the "Convention" but not lately?

Maybe they got the idea that they aren't welcome? Are they all too short, fat and bald loud mouths?

This is not a C8 Club this is the one and only SAAC Forum.

But having said that in life one needs to be more diverse and inclusive.

This is the LOUNGE

For those of you that no comprende....rules of the Lounge

As long as the talk in the Lounge is not political, hateful, overtly sexual or threatening harm/ad hominum attacks... it is just fine...

The End.   /    Fin 

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 17, 2023, 11:41:35 AM
When did this turn into the Corvette C8 club?..... Are they all too short, fat and bald loud mouths?
Yes and easy to recognize by their shirt being unbuttoned 1/2 way to their navel exposing their gold chains and Members Only jacket with giant plastic Chevy logo on back. If you really need to search one out check the 80s nostalgia clubs - I think they were called discos ........

shelbydoug

Oh I get it. Absolutely.

I should be hopeful that you are the worst thing that I will acquire over the years? It could be much worse. It could have been a terminal disease?

SAAC has been around quite a while too.

I suppose you are just SAAC's version of getting jock itch and be hopeful that it has some kind of limitations, that a spray here and there releaves some of the irritation even for just a little while?

It is probably true that without your constant posts this forum would just be a ghost town. A mere shadow of it's past.  It isn't your problem that when the village idiot starts his daily routeen that the echo is heard all over the building...daily...constantly...intensely maddening...never ending. Playing to an audience of one.

At least that one enjoys it.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!