News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1970 Shelby Hood Found on Side of Road

Started by SFM6S087, July 27, 2023, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelbypat

Hey Jason. I didnt know you were the hood guys's story when we get together last month!!!! My hood part number is gone on mine. let me know if the one in your old hood frame is savable.

Patrick
Canada

CompRed70scj

Quote from: Shelbypat on June 30, 2024, 01:48:41 PMHey Jason. I didnt know you were the hood guys's story when we get together last month!!!! My hood part number is gone on mine. let me know if the one in your old hood frame is savable.

Patrick
Canada

Thanks again for that crank! That reminds me I need to check in with the machine shop..

Unfortunately the area with the part # on my old hood frame had already been damaged beyond repair. I wondered how I would fix it - I guess this was one way to do that!

Shelbypat

Bob Gaines

Quote from: CompRed70scj on June 30, 2024, 02:42:58 PMThanks again for that crank! That reminds me I need to check in with the machine shop..

Unfortunately the area with the part # on my old hood frame had already been damaged beyond repair. I wondered how I would fix it - I guess this was one way to do that!
The short answer is to make a mold of the numbers from a good hood . You make a positive from the mold of the numbers. I have used JB weld in the past. You glue the positive of the numbers to the damaged hood. I have ended up grinding a relief into the surface of the damaged hood to put the positive into so that it is level to the surface when done.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bigfoot

Truth is always stranger than fiction. Congrats.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI