News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A '66 sold for "cheap" according to Hagerty article

Started by deathsled, August 14, 2023, 09:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on August 14, 2023, 01:28:54 PM
Quote from: Richstang on August 14, 2023, 12:44:15 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on August 14, 2023, 10:42:10 AM

"Fighting Negativity" my a$$

Practice what you preach in your fantasyland!

Hello friend

First we must ask " why so mad " ?

Fighting negativity is a excellent source of enlightening

And  I consider myself a very positive person

But having said that, one must be realistic

There is a big storm (this could be another inspirational qoute)  brewing,  you can decided to prepare or be like an ostrich.

You choice
So I assume you sold all of your investments and bought gold? Art? More classic cars? What state did you move to? The wave will be coming to your neck of the woods more than others due to your weather changing. Funny in that running into friends Monday while on vacation they have relatives who sell real estate down in Florida and don't recommend buying any down there. Weather, cost of insurance. I think you'll see the wave but maybe that hot sun you are in every day is frying your brain. LOL.
Really Tony, I've heard that wave crap for years now usually pushed by those trying to scare people in buying gold. Quick, in the last 50 years(40 years etc) what is the rate of the stock return as opposed to buying and holding gold? Sooner or later there will be another market correction, downward in housing prices(I remember when Florida tanked in the 2000s and seems the sharp rise lately over the last few years is prime for a correction with those being priced out of their homes because of a variety of things like insurance costs). " Like large parts of the southern tier of the Lower 48 states, many locations in Florida are poised to have their hottest summer on record, with the list of places including Key West, Miami, Sarasota, Tampa and Pensacola."
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

tesgt350

Quote from: 427hunter on August 15, 2023, 06:48:16 PM
All we need now is someone to post a photo of their dinner, some shamwow investment advice, and a cat video.

You got it............ Here is my Plate of "Skinny Pig Boneless Pork Chops".

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on August 16, 2023, 07:45:57 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on August 14, 2023, 01:28:54 PM
Quote from: Richstang on August 14, 2023, 12:44:15 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on August 14, 2023, 10:42:10 AM

"Fighting Negativity" my a$$

Practice what you preach in your fantasyland!

Hello friend

First we must ask " why so mad " ?

Fighting negativity is a excellent source of enlightening

And  I consider myself a very positive person

But having said that, one must be realistic

There is a big storm (this could be another inspirational qoute)  brewing,  you can decided to prepare or be like an ostrich.

You choice
So I assume you sold all of your investments and bought gold? Art? More classic cars? What state did you move to? The wave will be coming to your neck of the woods more than others due to your weather changing. Funny in that running into friends Monday while on vacation they have relatives who sell real estate down in Florida and don't recommend buying any down there. Weather, cost of insurance. I think you'll see the wave but maybe that hot sun you are in every day is frying your brain. LOL.
Really Tony, I've heard that wave crap for years now usually pushed by those trying to scare people in buying gold. Quick, in the last 50 years(40 years etc) what is the rate of the stock return as opposed to buying and holding gold? Sooner or later there will be another market correction, downward in housing prices(I remember when Florida tanked in the 2000s and seems the sharp rise lately over the last few years is prime for a correction with those being priced out of their homes because of a variety of things like insurance costs). " Like large parts of the southern tier of the Lower 48 states, many locations in Florida are poised to have their hottest summer on record, with the list of places including Key West, Miami, Sarasota, Tampa and Pensacola."

Geez Louise.....lets start the morning right

Good morning Gary and how did you sleep last night ?

Everything you have mentioned,  I have been posting at :

Before you move to Florida consider new taxes, insurance and other idiosyncrasies

https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=23158.0

Forget gold, cash is king and you are correct the real estate correction will hit the hardest in all markets that experienced unusually high growth.

And finally I will have to say again $217 was good coin for that 1966 GT350

Enjoy the ride and take care!
Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbymann1970

Tony, I don't know about good coin at 217K as it is a carry over and they command higher prices than the regular 66s. I do know on that particular date and time that is what it was worth to one person. The next day could be 250K or 150K. If the average price according to Hagerty is 50K higher then it is what it is...
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on August 16, 2023, 08:53:40 AM
Tony, I don't know about good coin at 217K as it is a carry over and they command higher prices than the regular 66s. I do know on that particular date and time that is what it was worth to one person. The next day could be 250K or 150K. If the average price according to Hagerty is 50K higher then it is what it is...

One has to follow the vehicles "provenance"

Provenance as the experts call it,  I call it history or an old cars turbulant past, because back in the day they where all used cars road hard and put away wet.

Look at reply numero cinco

" Not original Motor or Trans or Wheels or many Body Parts as well.

I think real good money considering it was stolen and Stripped. "

Again $217 cash money in hand today is very good

Let's all just enjoy the moment, sold, sold, sold

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on August 16, 2023, 09:03:17 AM

One has to follow the vehicles "provenance"

Provenance as the experts call it,  I call it history or an old cars turbulant past, because back in the day they where all used cars road hard and put away wet.

Look at reply numero cinco

" Not original Motor or Trans or Wheels or many Body Parts as well.

I think real good money considering it was stolen and Stripped. "

Again $217 cash money in hand today is very good

Let's all just enjoy the moment, sold, sold, sold
Maybe someone can explain the term "Cash Money" because ever since I first heard that I thought it was the dumbest thing I have ever heard in the car culture. Money is CASH. CASH means currency. So "Cash Money" is redundant and dumb in my book. I cringed every time Danny on counting cars-and I like Danny- would whip out a bunch of folded bills and said "cash money". Maybe I'm in the minority on this but I think that is a dumb term.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

FL SAAC

I understand your interpretation but what is meant is money in the form of cash rather than checks, money orders, etc

I have had people tell me I'm paying cash and the next day here comes a bank check.

Not the same a check vs U.S. currency with those beautiful presidents on them.

Back to the topic $217 fantastic amount for said vehicle

I have all UNGOLD cars

tesgt350

I too think it sold right considering it didn't have it's original Drivetrain, Wheels and some Body Panels.

FL SAAC

Quote from: tesgt350 on August 16, 2023, 09:14:47 AM

I too think it sold right considering it didn't have it's original Drivetrain, Wheels and some Body Panels.

+ 1
I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

I've spent almost 50 years buying cars including about 40 Mustangs and not once did I ever use the term CASH MONEY. Never has anyone who wanted cash said cash money. They would say CASH only. Cash is money. Redundant and stupid. Never heard of check money, money order money, bank note money, etc. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on August 16, 2023, 09:29:36 AM
I've spent almost 50 years buying cars including about 40 Mustangs and not once did I ever use the term CASH MONEY. Never has anyone who wanted cash said cash money. They would say CASH only. Cash is money. Redundant and stupid. Never heard of check money, money order money, bank note money, etc.
Gary you are just smarter then everyone else. ;) (not meant in a bad way) Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world . You will be surprised then how many times when people and my self included were making deals where I have been first hand and second involved that you had to stipulate "cash money" or "green dollars" so as to emphatically reinforce what you wanted. You had to lay it out in simple terms so there could be no honest mistake. After so many times where people ignorantly thought that a check or cashier check was the same as cash rather then waste time and possible problems later you used improper English to get your point across a head of time.  This seemed best to head off problems first rather then risk arguments over the merits of cash/casjier check vs. cash (green dollars  :D) etc. later . Some times the buyers were truly ignorant and other times their intent was hopping your greed would get you to accept the check, cashier check etc. claiming a honest mistake but with malicious intentions later. After they have the goods threatening to stop pay or give them a better deal claiming items were not as claimed. These are just a few of possible scenarios. Also I was in the retail furniture business for over 40 years before retiring and heard the terms regularly from customers wanting to bargain with me. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 16, 2023, 11:13:00 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on August 16, 2023, 09:29:36 AM
Gary you are just smarter then everyone else. ;) (not meant in a bad way) Unfortunately we do not live in a perfect world . You will be surprised then how many times when people and my self included were making deals where I have been first hand and second involved that you had to stipulate "cash money" or "green dollars" so as to emphatically reinforce what you wanted. You had to lay it out in simple terms so there could be no honest mistake. After so many times where people ignorantly thought that a check or cashier check was the same as cash rather then waste time and possible problems later you used improper English to get your point across a head of time.  This seemed best to head off problems first rather then risk arguments over the merits of cash/casjier check vs. cash (green dollars  :D) etc. later . Some times the buyers were truly ignorant and other times their intent was hopping your greed would get you to accept the check, cashier check etc. claiming a honest mistake but with malicious intentions later. After they have the goods threatening to stop pay or give them a better deal claiming items were not as claimed. These are just a few of possible scenarios. Also I was in the retail furniture business for over 40 years before retiring and heard the terms regularly from customers wanting to bargain with me.

Welcome to the " New World " you are spot on todays reality.

Cash Money. Dead Presidents.  C Notes.  Benjamin's.  Jacksons.

Show me the money.....that cash money!

That 1966 surely is a nice  car
I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbymann1970

Real world or not "Cash money" is stupid. I don't see people say cash benjamins. Cash Jacksons. It appears many missed my point. It is redundant. Also it is a term I had not seen used until Danny Koker started using it on his show and it makes me shake my head even more as he was FLASHING the cash when he said it so it was pretty obvious the seller wasn't mistaken by him paying by check, money order etc. But then again like cash money there are a lot of other slang terms that are just as dumb. At 63 I have done thousands of transactions buying things. Usually I hear them ask cash or credit. Never cash money or credit. Get it?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Bob Gaines

Stupid yes, however in the real world it is still used all of the time. That is my point . 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 16, 2023, 12:43:21 PM
Stupid yes, however in the real world it is still used all of the time. That is my point .

Sir you are on point 

Plus UNO !
I have all UNGOLD cars