News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S1937 - Bring A Trailer

Started by silverton_ford, August 29, 2023, 11:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchmotoho

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on September 11, 2023, 03:15:36 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 11, 2023, 02:51:27 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on September 11, 2023, 10:51:34 AM
Yes indeed the market has spoken and one has to realize that you have one less  buyer with a large disposable income is off the market.

More cars less buyers with that "cash money"
Not only is your first sentence has no real substance to it rooted in fact(See Speegle's post above) your second sentence is why so many dislike you on the forum.

I concur. FL SAAC is hoping that the entire collector car market will tank to the point that he'll be able to purchase a '66 GT350 for $80K. Sadly, for him, it ain't gonna happen. Those days are long gone, never to return.  His best bet is to find a good, solid K-Code fastback and work his way up the food chain like so many of us did in years gone by.

That was an 80K offer in last years (or however long ago) market. If the market did drop significantly maybe his offer would now be 60K

shelbymann1970

[/quote]Or he is just Trolling you guys again.
[/quote]Of course he is Bob
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

shelbydoug

Quote from: pchmotoho on September 11, 2023, 05:17:01 PM
Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on September 11, 2023, 03:15:36 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on September 11, 2023, 02:51:27 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on September 11, 2023, 10:51:34 AM
Yes indeed the market has spoken and one has to realize that you have one less  buyer with a large disposable income is off the market.

More cars less buyers with that "cash money"
Not only is your first sentence has no real substance to it rooted in fact(See Speegle's post above) your second sentence is why so many dislike you on the forum.

I concur. FL SAAC is hoping that the entire collector car market will tank to the point that he'll be able to purchase a '66 GT350 for $80K. Sadly, for him, it ain't gonna happen. Those days are long gone, never to return.  His best bet is to find a good, solid K-Code fastback and work his way up the food chain like so many of us did in years gone by.

That was an 80K offer in last years (or however long ago) market. If the market did drop significantly maybe his offer would now be 60K

Parts of the market, like the GM intermediates like the GTO have shown weakening but other segments continue to show strength and growth.

Shelby's are still appreciating. Pantera's are as well.

I have seen no "fire sales" on them. Replica Cobras are stable but showing no appreciating at all.

"Correct original parts" are appreciating even more then the cars are and in some cases up much more then 100% from this time last year. Maybe 2 or 300%?

In some cases long term restoration projects bought really cheap are getting priced out of the market entirely. Someone "restoring" say a '67 Mustang can't compete with someone restoring a "67 Shelby" even though it may be the same part.

I still need a couple of '67 parts and on occasion even when one comes up, I can't afford it. No one will show you any mercy there simply because next year the price will be even higher then now.

The fact of the matter is that there are always people convinced that they can find a secret place somewhere where gasolene is only $1 a gallon. Maybe the same person that still thinks he can find a real Cobra for $5,000 somewhere no one else knows of? At this point, that is irrational.

Those people will always be around and frankly their searches MOSTLY keep them busy and out of everyone else's hair.

They are annoying like hornets at a lawn party but no one takes them seriously.

It is sad that we HERE still have to read one's ridiculous Captain Dave type posts that all they contribute to are the scattering away from newbies and even the old guard. That is a shame.

It really is a special type of anarchy that is a group self destruction thing.

Blocking them for the common good here should seriously be considered. The Moderator here should seriously consider the overwhelming views of the group in this case.

In the past, that simply has not happened. I personally do not hold out any hope things will change in that regards. Too bad. This was a fun place to frequent at one time.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Still think this was one solid GTH
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert