News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The Legend of the Moonlight Mustang

Started by FL SAAC, October 18, 2023, 04:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Young Love, Fast Cars and...Tragedy!!!
America's baby boomers in the early 1970's were celebrating their young adulthood in the ritual of "car cruising," and their love of speed, thrills and daredevil attitudes had many flirting with disaster!

Adding into the explosion of that unharnessed freedom, and the good times of sex, drugs and rock n roll, the roadways roared with the adrenaline of high-horsepower acceleration, and the temptation to "redline" into the danger zone! This was a common scene that played out across every town in America, for every town had its "good" kids, the Kings and Queens of the prom, the "smokey hippies" and the night moves of the restless youth looking for answers. The late 60's and early 70's had the Vietnam War smashing head-on with the "Woodstock generation," and the hippy culture with the attitudes of "letting it all hang out."

This sometimes shocking yet romantic tale is inspired by real events, of a "Headlines" story, and tells the actions of Toby Owens, a popular young street racer prowling for a "good time" nightly in his bright yellow "Moonlight Mustang." Over the course of two very hot action summers of 1970 and1971, after many razor-close calls with violence and destruction, Toby and the Moonlight Mustang become legendary in their nocturnal escapades...Then, on a fateful night, five young cruisers go together into an adventure that leads four of them to join each other into eternity...Only one lives to know what really happened, in the very last minutes before a deadly crash, but they never tell the rest of the world what happened in the "Legend of the Moonlight Mustang!" Better "buckle-up,"...it's gonna be a wild ride!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on October 19, 2023, 11:55:11 AM
Quote from: deathsled on October 19, 2023, 11:30:48 AM
Looks like a great read!

Non better than the famed Esquire Richard E. !
"Famed." Lol. I'm just a nobody just trying to breathe air. I would like to read this book. For sale on Amazon I presume?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"