News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

additional #3 stamp on vin

Started by gt350shelb, November 27, 2023, 09:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Had this car in shop a while back has anyone see this #3 stamp  before  or have any idea why ford would have  done this?
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

J_Speegle

First thought would be that Ford/Metuchen didn't do that.  Can't think of a purpose for having stamps that size at the plant. Possibly some one playing around later in life. Don't recall ever seeing a similar stamp on a 69 or other year NJ car in the unibody
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

FL SAAC

Quote from: J_Speegle on November 28, 2023, 04:57:45 AM
First thought would be that Ford/Metuchen didn't do that.  Can't think of a purpose for having stamps that size at the plant. Possibly some one playing around later in life. Don't recall ever seeing a similar stamp on a 69 or other year NJ car in the unibody

+1
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

gt350shelb

Quote from: J_Speegle on November 28, 2023, 04:57:45 AM

It was a cj mach1  that had been sitting for a very long time .early 70s .  It was strange  so i documented it 
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .