News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

KR Hood hinges

Started by Steve Meltzer, April 05, 2024, 10:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Anytime you remove original parts and replace them with reproduction parts, you are decreasing the value of your car.

If you are expecting 60 year old cars to have the same drive ability, fit and finish and appearance of a newer car, you will be disappointed.

Yes, the springs effect the fitment of the hood.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Steve Meltzer

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted. steve

Steve Meltzer

Charles Johnson, I could not figure out how to reply and thank you for working with me to find the correct hinge. Much appreciated Steve Meltzer.

Coralsnake

🙄 Im not sure of your post

Charlesjohnson is a scammer

Steve Meltzer

YES! CHARLES JOHNSON IS A FRAUD AND A SCAMMER. HE DIRECTED ME TO A GUY NAMED SCOTT CASSIDY WHO, FOR ALL I KNOW,  MAY BE THE SAME PERSON. SCOTT SENT ME PICTURES OF HINGES THAT LOOKED GREAT. WE SETTLED ON A PRICE OF $135 FOR BOTH, HE INSISTED ON PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL WITH "FRIENDS AND FAMILY", WHICH GIVES YOU NO PROTECTION FOR ANY SORT OF FRAUD. HE WANTED THE MONEY SENT TO AN EMAIL ACCOUNT THAT WAS NEITHER HIS NOR CHARLES JOHNSON'S BUT YET A THIRD PERSON. I'VE YET TO RECEIVE THE HINGES, I'M OUT THE $135 AND HAVE EGG ON MY FACE TO SHOW FOR IT. IT would be great if the forum could prevent him from sending any private emails, etc. That's where I got hooked. I'm really ticked, but find I have little recourse. Steve.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Steve Meltzer on June 23, 2024, 12:14:14 AMYES! CHARLES JOHNSON IS A FRAUD AND A SCAMMER. HE DIRECTED ME TO A GUY NAMED SCOTT CASSIDY WHO, FOR ALL I KNOW,  MAY BE THE SAME PERSON. SCOTT SENT ME PICTURES OF HINGES THAT LOOKED GREAT. WE SETTLED ON A PRICE OF $135 FOR BOTH, HE INSISTED ON PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL WITH "FRIENDS AND FAMILY", WHICH GIVES YOU NO PROTECTION FOR ANY SORT OF FRAUD. HE WANTED THE MONEY SENT TO AN EMAIL ACCOUNT THAT WAS NEITHER HIS NOR CHARLES JOHNSON'S BUT YET A THIRD PERSON. I'VE YET TO RECEIVE THE HINGES, I'M OUT THE $135 AND HAVE EGG ON MY FACE TO SHOW FOR IT. IT would be great if the forum could prevent him from sending any private emails, etc. That's where I got hooked. I'm really ticked, but find I have little recourse. Steve.
so Pete posted the guy was a scammer 2 months ago and now you post he is? Did you not see Pete's post 2 months ago? It is a shame you got taken but unless you know the member-or the member is well known here with a track record- it is always best to use protection in the transaction. Unfortunately you learned the hard way. Every time I post a wanted ad I always get scammers who direct me to someone else. One way to weed one out is to ask if they have an additional part that DOESN'T exist. My friend did and the guy "had" the non existent part.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

Quite Honestly Im done reporting them. I am not a moderator.

The current admin can do what they want.

computerworks

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 23, 2024, 07:07:05 AMQuite Honestly Im done reporting them. I am not a moderator.

The current admin can do what they want.

That's unfortunate to hear; you've been doing such a good job reporting up until now.

You can see from your example link above---> when reported scammers will be immediately deleted.

Proper way to report a questionable user is via email to pitcrew@saac.com or via PM or "Reported Post"

Steve Meltzer

Shelbymann70, Thanks for the gentle trip to the woodshed. Is my error that I did not see Pete's warning, and I paid the price. For any error one makes, the best you can hope for is not a repeat performance.

Pete, Sorry I didn't see your previous warning, but I hope you will relent and continue to post those you suspect of being trolls and scammers. It is a real service to all of us, and it really is best when we police ourselves. There will always be one rotten apple....

Just to be clear and not repeat my mista=ke, are you saying that you got a correct hinge from
Dewald Englebrecht133@gmail.com?

thanx steve meltzer
I got a new one this am Dewald Englebrecht133@gmail.com

Coralsnake

No. He is a scammer that sent an email.

KR Convertible

When someone asks me to use friends and family, I tell them no.  I say I will use regular PayPal and add the percentage they charge.  If they argue about that, it's a good sign they are scamming you.

There are plenty of people on the forum I have no problem using F&F, but they have to be established members that have proved themselves.

You can also look at their profile and pull up their previous posts to get an idea of intentions.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: KR Convertible on June 23, 2024, 12:40:51 PMWhen someone asks me to use friends and family, I tell them no.  I say I will use regular PayPal and add the percentage they charge.  If they argue about that, it's a good sign they are scamming you.

There are plenty of people on the forum I have no problem using F&F, but they have to be established members that have proved themselves.

You can also look at their profile and pull up their previous posts to get an idea of intentions.
Good to know that your criteria is dependent on who it is. Because many of us will only take PayPal FF when selling parts on the forums.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

KR Convertible

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 23, 2024, 04:49:04 PM
Quote from: KR Convertible on June 23, 2024, 12:40:51 PMWhen someone asks me to use friends and family, I tell them no.  I say I will use regular PayPal and add the percentage they charge.  If they argue about that, it's a good sign they are scamming you.

Good to know that your criteria is dependent on who it is. Because many of us will only take PayPal FF when selling parts on the forums.

Yes, you always get F&F. Even the first time I bought from you I had no problem doing it.  I felt very confident that you would not risk your reputation for a few bucks!

Steve Meltzer

Thank you all for this most valuable information. It has been a pretty useful discussion and went way beyond hood hinges. Yes? Steve