News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Correct Radiator Hose Lower and Upper for a 68 Shelby GT350

Started by Kent, May 02, 2024, 10:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The FoMoCo might have appeared on some early 1968s, but AUTOLITE is more common
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Kent

Ok thank you to all of you. The radiator in the one I´m doing now is a C8ZE-L1 which is a FE Radiator. The correct one must be the C8ZE-F1 or is it E1 right? Does it has the inlet/ outlet on the same side like on all small block 24" radiators in the mustang before the Boss302 came who had it like the FE Radiators? Because when I see pictures of these radiators they have the inlet and outlets like an FE Radiator but I´m sure that the 68 GT350 has the hoses both on the passenger side. I need some clarification.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on June 02, 2024, 07:42:24 AMOk thank you to all of you. The radiator in the one I´m doing now is a C8ZE-L1 which is a FE Radiator. The correct one must be the C8ZE-F1 or is it E1 right? Does it has the inlet/ outlet on the same side like on all small block 24" radiators in the mustang before the Boss302 came who had it like the FE Radiators? Because when I see pictures of these radiators they have the inlet and outlets like an FE Radiator but I´m sure that the 68 GT350 has the hoses both on the passenger side. I need some clarification.
The 68 GT350 only used one style of 24 inch radiator. It has the inlet and outlet on the right(passenger side) of the radiator.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Ok so I´m right, was the number on the radiator C8ZE-L1 or E1?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Coralsnake

I believe the small blocks are -E and -F depending on transmission

-L is a big block
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

1969shelbygt350

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 1969shelbygt350 on June 03, 2024, 08:04:07 AM351 auto! Where can I get one that will fit
Thx
National Parts Depot should have the correct concours hose for your application. With that said I have understood that Marti Autoworks the MFG /supplier of the concours quality hose had a problem in the past with supplying the correct fitting hose for the 68,69.70 GT350 which all used the same length hose. Many vendors that Marti sold to experience customer complaints on the poor fit .The hose Marti was supplying was too short. The hose would work but it had to be stretched to fit. You should not have to do that . The correct hose has ample length to work The hose they were supplying was too short. I believe that the problem has been solved but if you get one that is too short you will need to send it back.     
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67350#1242

I had a problem with Marti upper hose for 67 gt350 being too short.  I do not think this problem has been solved after several years.  I ended up buying a Gates hose to  get the right length/shape.  Of course may not apply to your 68 with the wider radiator, just saying Marti hoses not gospel, and he does not appear to be receptive to listening to the problem.  It's strange because at one time he was supplying a correct fitting hose.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

J_Speegle

Quote from: 67350#1242 on June 03, 2024, 02:48:45 PM..................... Of course may not apply to your 68 with the wider radiator, just saying Marti hoses not gospel, and he does not appear to be receptive to listening to the problem.  It's strange because at one time he was supplying a correct fitting hose.

Would offer that Kevin or at least his worker did contact some of us to collect data, opinions and findings so they did make efforts and were at least receptive to the input from what I saw. Have not seen a change in his product line or heard of any as a results of those efforts but they did make an effort.

Just sharing 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge