News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Installing a positive terminal battery shield to fender

Started by deathsled, May 10, 2024, 10:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

Adding that rubberized square patch that sits on the inner fender apron to insulate the metal from the positive battery cable.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

J_Speegle

Just for others viewing San Jose used the black plastic "plugs" or staples to retain these shields. When the car was built determines which hardward was used. Often these inner fender panels were replaced due to damage by things like battery related rust so you can't always use the panel as a guide to which hardware was original

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

NC TRACKRAT

FWIW, when I was restoring 6S1487, just the staples were there. I found that the staples seemed identical to those used on the splash shields. They probably used the same industrial staple gun to apply them. You can install them manually and fold over from the backside.
5S071, 6S1467

deathsled

My inner fender just had four small holes so they must've used plastic grommets. That must've taken one hell of a staple gun to get through that metal.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"