News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

vintage independent Dragonsnake color photos CSX2093

Started by 6R07mi, May 16, 2024, 01:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6R07mi

1965 color photos of CSX2093 in competition

enjoy
jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

tesgt350

Cobra Ned

I think the Ghostbusters are needed. Today, CSX 2093 is in England and being vintage-raced. But through some miracle, it has become a right-hand-drive car. I wonder who might be able to explain this. Surely no one acquires a famous car, hides it in his shed, and builds a clone to race, right?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Cobra Ned on May 18, 2024, 06:24:23 PMI think the Ghostbusters are needed. Today, CSX 2093 is in England and being vintage-raced. But through some miracle, it has become a right-hand-drive car. I wonder who might be able to explain this. Surely no one acquires a famous car, hides it in his shed, and builds a clone to race, right?
That would be a first ,right ?  ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Wasn't this the car that was attacked by a group of "bikers"
"out West somewhere" and rolled down an embankment? Wasn't the term used to describe it, "destroyed"?

Maybe the "spirit" of it was at heart always a right hand drive car?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

mark p

oh boy... so much info in a post that was about some old photos.
I saw "this car"at the AACA Hershey show several times (early 2000's?) - it's fantastic.
Bruce Larson had it, what a great person.

More recently I saw it "road racing" at Goodwood (on-line videos)... that sure seemed like an "out of character" use for a DragonSnake  :o but it appeared to be holding its own.
After reading the comments above, I'm more confused than ever  ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird / '22 Mach 1

shelbydoug

Quote from: mark p on August 12, 2024, 10:11:02 AMoh boy... so much info in a post that was about some old photos.
I saw "this car"at the AACA Hershey show several times (early 2000's?) - it's fantastic.
Bruce Larson had it, what a great person.

More recently I saw it "road racing" at Goodwood (on-line videos)... that sure seemed like an "out of character" use for a DragonSnake  :o but it appeared to be holding its own.
After reading the comments above, I'm more confused than ever  ::)

Ned will know.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!