News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

8T03S169260-00875 on BAT

Started by 5s386, June 02, 2024, 11:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Have to give the seller some respect for bringing a car like that to auction... big block converted to small block!
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

I had a KR in my shop years ago that was a red KR 4spd AC  convertible.

It came to me as a 302 automatic with no AC. I counted at least four paint jobs

Not so unusual I guess
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

I can remember back in the day (mid 1970's)with at the time gas rationing crisis to find many big block Shelby's switched over to a small block. The reason was that the Shelby's were every day transportation back then and if it had a big block then it  used way more gas. Gas could be hard to find back then and expensive for that time at least. It was not a out of the ordinary occurrence to find one switched to a small block that way. It wasn't until the mid 80's and later that there was a value incentive to switch them back. Consequently it is rare that you find one that hasn't been switched back today.     
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Wonder if they still have the original C6?

Nice car !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbymann1970

I've owned a "few" 4 speed R-codes running 302s or 351 Clevelands in them. Too expensive to replace the engine out of warranty for many. In  this case though being an auto air 428 PI I'd think it was swapped for what Bob said I would think unless it was a stolen recovery. For those following the auction I don't think the engine is a 68 428PI and not for any 68 GT500 by the engine date code.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626