News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Autolite Battery Caps

Started by Thanx2cs, June 03, 2024, 03:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanx2cs

I have listed on Ebay a set of Autolite battery caps that I believe to be original.  I have had these for for almost 20 years and it's time to let them go.

FL SAAC

Quote from: Thanx2cs on June 03, 2024, 03:29:16 PMI have listed on Ebay a set of Autolite battery caps that I believe to be original.  I have had these for for almost 20 years and it's time to let them go.

Would you have a link to the item ?
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Thanx2cs

Ebay item # is 285883184768

6s1640

Hi Thanx2cs,

Your eBay description says "They have been in my parts collection for almost thirty years."  Which is it, 20 or 30?  It probably doesn't really matter either way, but thought I let you know.

Best of luck

Cory

Bob Gaines

Regardless of if 20 or even 30 years old doesn't automatically confirm if genuine or not. I bought my first reproduction Autolite battery from New Castle Battery company in 1991. So it may be repro and maybe not.  I typically have found the bottom half of the two piece cap a clear plastic on the old junk yard Autolite batteries I used to find. With that said I have found the solid red ones on old batteries to a lesser extent. I always thought those were newer. Over the years the reproduction market has made both the clear bottom and red bottom caps so even that isn't a definite tell.  If you put them side by side old genuine vs. repro they are hard to tell apart. At least when comparing genuine and some previous caps that came on the older full case repro batteries (not battery toppers).
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby