News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby for sale- not mine

Started by cboss70, June 03, 2024, 04:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cboss70

I saw a posting for a blue 1968 Shelby gt350 convertible in FB Marketplace in Wantagh NY. I also happened to see a sign for it at Carlisle this past weekend (car was not there). I spoke to him and he mentioned he felt it was an original Shelby and was getting comments about it having the wrong tail panel. I tried to give him some info and also told him if he planned to put it on Bring-A-Trailer he better do his homework and at least figure out what happened to the tail panel and verify the VIN stamping are there and not just the windshield VIN tag (Shelby tag under the hood was gone).  I'm not in the market but in case anyone here is you may want to check it out (and do your due diligence). 

FL SAAC

Would you have the link to the market place add ?

Would you have any pictures of the car ?
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

Here you go cboss70

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1194306648616818/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Been for sale for a couple months.

If I recall correctly, tail light panel was replaced, missing one tag and wrong quarter.

Has original buck tag and door tag

Car # 2150
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com