News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

GT 350 # 02090 Shelby Apron Tag

Started by hurlbird, June 16, 2024, 03:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

The tag on my car #02090 was stolen when the car was stolen in the 80's. Upon its return it is still without the tag. Obviously reaching here but I know many folks collect Shelby stuff. If you have the tag by some small chance please let me know.

hurlbird

Thoughts (opinions) on getting a reproduction tag? Better to see the Ford VIN and missing Shelby tag or put the reproduction in its place?

Rickmustang

Reproduction. Ford VIN should not be visible. And reproduction better than nothing.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rickmustang on July 01, 2024, 09:05:54 AMReproduction. Ford VIN should not be visible. And reproduction better than nothing.
Quote from: Rickmustang on July 01, 2024, 09:05:54 AMReproduction. Ford VIN should not be visible. And reproduction better than nothing.
I second that.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

I think he is referring to a 1968. 😉
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 01, 2024, 09:57:47 AMI think he is referring to a 1968. 😉
Yes I was aware,but the feeling about filling the missing tag spot on the apron sentiment is still the same regardless at least for me.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Not agreeing nor disagreeing however

The complete Ford VIN will be on the tag  :-\
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on July 01, 2024, 08:52:49 AMThoughts (opinions) on getting a reproduction tag? Better to see the Ford VIN and missing Shelby tag or put the reproduction in its place?
To be crystal clear about my opinion. The Ford VIN is a non issue. The missing Shelby VIN plate is. It is expected to be in place . A reproduction tag is better then no tag.

hurlbird

thanks all. I know folks like to validate the Ford VIN under the shelby tag for authentication reasons. That is origins of my question. Is Marti the source for the most correct Shelby tag or are there others? thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on July 03, 2024, 02:36:18 PMthanks all. I know folks like to validate the Ford VIN under the shelby tag for authentication reasons. That is origins of my question. Is Marti the source for the most correct Shelby tag or are there others? thanks
That validation of Ford VIN is a concern on 65,66 and 67 because it is hidden under the Shelby tag and the fenders. It is not a concern or relevant in the same way on 68 and 69/70 because the Ford VIN is also displayed in the windshield.