News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rare NOS FoMoCo C7ZZ radio antenna kit

Started by alex74pd184, June 18, 2024, 09:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex74pd184

Any chance, you recall the part # on the box?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: s2ms on July 13, 2024, 01:17:46 AMVery educational thread. Is this the 67-68 unique antenna we're talking about? Recently installed this NOS on my 66 only because it was better looking than the repop that was there. While not assemblyline correct for 66 I assume it is a correct service replacement?

You show a 67/68 style. They are harder to find then the 65/66 style that sticks up a inch or show from the next section like in the sellers pictures.I am sure you can find someone to trade it out for the assemblyline 65/66 style if you so wanted to switch. As far a service replacement goes yes it is but not correct. The expectations in concours is for the correct for the year style.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

s2ms

Thanks Bob, until this discussion I wasn't aware of that detail...
Dave - 6S1757

s2ms

Quote from: alex74pd184 on July 13, 2024, 01:30:08 AMAny chance, you recall the part # on the box?

Sorry, box is long gone but my notes say C5ZZ-18813-B. Don't remember if that was from a box/label or just research.
Dave - 6S1757

alex74pd184

Looking through some of my records, I sold an actual '67 NOS Mustang antenna as a "65-66" without knowing about this detail.

I found the pic and just posted it, of the NOS antenna that retracted further down in its mast---the '67 antenna.

Maybe the NOS antennas in my collection got mixed up over the years? Who knows? I'll see "if" the buyer still has it and possibly attempt to swap the masts back? The buyer had a 65 Mustang convertible project at that time.

Worst case scenario, list this antenna as a "65 to 66" and as a "service replacement" for "67 to 68" Mustangs?

Or if it creates too much confusion with the part # on box and 67 instructions, I'll put aside as a spare part for myself.