News:

SPECIAL NOTICE - See SAAC-50 Forum for DATE CHANGE for SAAC-50

Main Menu

Correct latch area bolts etc.

Started by hurlbird, June 25, 2024, 05:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlbird

as you can see im missing some bolts and the latch area needs a cleaning. Can some confirm which bolts are used here? it appears the center bolts must have a nut? the others have threads in the radiator support. Bolt design is important and colors as i want to be accurate. Thanks! -John

Coralsnake

The two bolts shown are phosphated. The other four are bright silver.

There are no nuts, the radiator  hold down has nut inserts.

All bolts are same size as fender bolts
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

hurlbird

thanks. the two center bots on mine are missing nutcerts i should conclude? what about the bar finish?

hurlbird

can someone show me the nutserts I am missing (left and right of center)? I assume they must be secured in the radiator support vs. the latch bracket of course.. thanks

Coralsnake

The nutserts are in the radiator bracket hold down

The bar is phosphate/black oxide
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

hurlbird

thanks if they are in the bracket what purpose do they serve? think im missing something.. :)

68blk500c

The radiator hold down bracket is not in your picture.  It is black painted finish and has rubber pads that contact the top tank of the radiator.  It is bolted in with the parts in your picture to complete the assembly.
Please refer to the assembly manual.

hurlbird

got it! ill need one i guess. thanks

hurlbird

i got a bracket. I assume it slips behind the radiator support and in front of the radiator? This is a standard Mustang part? thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on July 03, 2024, 03:38:03 PMi got a bracket. I assume it slips behind the radiator support and in front of the radiator? This is a standard Mustang part? thanks
Yes. Standard 67/68 Mustang part. You got this. :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Just as a mention there is an early 67 version that was modified for later use. Original design was thought to damage the radiator according to Ford TSB. Modification was to round the corner edges a bit
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

hurlbird

im finishing things up and have a few questions more please... The latch and the bolts that hold it in place should all be black phosphate. Correct? I see topflight cars with these bright silver. The bolts that support the grill "chicken wire"... What color are these supposed to be? Or a link to correct engine compartment would be awesome. Thanks..

Bob Gaines

Quote from: hurlbird on July 04, 2024, 09:14:30 PMim finishing things up and have a few questions more please... The latch and the bolts that hold it in place should all be black phosphate. Correct? I see topflight cars with these bright silver. The bolts that support the grill "chicken wire"... What color are these supposed to be? Or a link to correct engine compartment would be awesome. Thanks..
Re read reply #1.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

hurlbird

Yup saw that as noted. What about the others that hold the mesh? I understand the latch area. thanks