News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

CSX2227 - Hank Williams Cobra - RM Sotheby Monterey 2024

Started by silverton_ford, June 28, 2024, 10:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

FL SAAC

Quote from: CharlesTurner on June 28, 2024, 11:42:32 AMWow!! Can't believe it's being sold

gota remember what we value and cherish, once we are gone others will decide its final destiny

best wishes to this little one, as it embarks to a different keeper and home

c'est la vie
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Krelboyne

I do not think that there is anyone else on this planet, that has had as many adventures with a Cobra as Mr Hank Williams. It would be a shame to restore CSX2227. It is perfect the way it is.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

tesgt350

Quote from: CharlesTurner on June 28, 2024, 11:42:32 AMWow!! Can't believe it's being sold

I say that a lot when I watch Pawn Stars and see someone bring in something that has been in the Family for Generations. 

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 28, 2024, 12:25:52 PMgota remember what we value and cherish, once we are gone others will decide its final destiny
Also when there are multiple inheritors to an estate things may need to be sold to distribute the estate as required by the will/trust.
It should not be restored. It belongs in a "Shelby" collection not in someone's garage next to their Ferraris and Lambos. The Miller or Lynn Park collection would be good places. Or even the Segerstrom Shelby Event Center. They have several continuation Cobras but not a 2000 series - that started the story.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

silverton_ford

roddster

Always admired that car. Hank had it perfect with those wheels. Great color.

greekz

Great car, great man.  I hope whoever buys it understands what they are getting.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

silverton_ford

SOLD - $ 2,287,500.00    :)

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

deathsled

Quote from: roddster on August 08, 2024, 10:16:34 AMAlways admired that car. Hank had it perfect with those wheels. Great color.
The Torques do look great on a Cobra!  He got the color perfect as well.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!