News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Coralsnake Updates

Started by Coralsnake, July 06, 2024, 03:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Are you ready for a break from the daily clown show?

Stop by theCoralsnake.com for the July updates!

A great Luke Bolton article and building a 1969 Shelby are just a few of the great articles.

I have updated all the special paint pages and after 33 years of research, I am calling the project complete! The totals are the best available and there is even a new chart with all the colors other than yellow.

For the first time ever, you can see what all the special paint colors looked like on the cars. All six cars are now represented as I wrap my work with ACME Diecast on the special paint series.

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/new.html

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/bigindex.html

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

propayne

Boy, that "Building the 1969 and 1970 Shelbys" is just gold.

Off the beaten track trade and business magazines are great places to find articles and photos like these.

Makes sense that the console bottoms were installed at Ford - I'm sure it was the same with the Gs.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake

Im not sure but maybe the tops were installed as well? Would you need the alternator gauge connected to drive?

propayne

There is an AMPS gauge in the dash on all XR-7s (Gs start out as XR-7s).

XR7-G console has a clock and the foglight and sunroof switches.

Console tops are unique but bottoms are the same as regular Cougars.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 07, 2024, 10:54:41 AMIm not sure but maybe the tops were installed as well? Would you need the alternator gauge connected to drive?
Alt gauge did not need to be in place to drive. It would be hooked up like standard Mustang to
+ side of the solenoid until the conversion. I think the console insert and alt and oil gauge along with foglights switch were installed at AO Smith given the wiring had to be run and worked during conversion. The console base would have the same wire run like a standard Mustang until conversion. Nothing needed to be changed there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Helpful, thank you gentlemen

S8MS-01904

Thanks for the "Coralsnake" updates, Pete...

Coralsnake

First photo of all six special paint colors

Corey Bowcutt

That is really cool.  Thanks for the great update Pete.

Corey

greekz

Great work, this information is priceless.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 08, 2024, 09:18:37 AMFirst photo of all six special paint colors

Almost looks like the real thing!   ;)  ;)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge