News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1966 conv gt350 pictures

Started by Nova68, July 07, 2024, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova68

Is there any factory pictures of the four 1966 GT 350 convertibles on the assembly line or at the factory?
Thanks Scott

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Nova68 on July 07, 2024, 03:37:33 PMIs there any factory pictures of the four 1966 GT 350 convertibles on the assembly line or at the factory?
Thanks Scott
I have not seen any other then completed beauty shots.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Haven't seen any. They were sort of busy just building cars and racing
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

There was no reason to shoot the 66 cars by that time. If you want to spend the time you can search the Friedman collection. About 10% is online sofar. If you find a shot they will probably only be in the background. Ford was all over SA trying to get the assembly line up to speed. Some of those engineers may have shot photos to include with their reports. Who knows when/if those will ever be digitized. They do hand searches of stuff but I imagine it would be a costly undertaking.

One of the gems to be found in The Henry Ford's archives is the Dave Friedman auto racing collection, particularly covering racing from the 1960s through 1990s. The collection came to us with about 100,000 images in already-digital format, and we've been adding these to our digital collections over time. We've just added 600 images documenting the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans race, including the one seen here, showing not only the racecars in motion, but also the more general racetrack environment of fans in the stands and corporate logos/mascots in the background. With the addition of this latest race, 11,518 items from the Friedman collection are now available on our collections website. Browse just the latest set added, or peruse all the Dave Friedman imagery, by visiting our digital collections.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

SunDude

can you please post a weblink? thanks

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 07, 2024, 10:10:03 PM...One of the gems to be found in The Henry Ford's archives is the Dave Friedman auto racing collection, particularly covering racing from the 1960s through 1990s. The collection came to us with about 100,000 images in already-digital format, and we've been adding these to our digital collections over time. We've just added 600 images documenting the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans race, including the one seen here, showing not only the racecars in motion, but also the more general racetrack environment of fans in the stands and corporate logos/mascots in the background. With the addition of this latest race, 11,518 items from the Friedman collection are now available on our collections website. Browse just the latest set added, or peruse all the Dave Friedman imagery, by visiting our digital collections.
Like my father, I have just two emotions: Rage and Supressed Rage.

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 07, 2024, 10:10:03 PMWith the addition of this latest race, 11,518 items from the Friedman collection are now available on our collections website. Browse just the latest set added, or peruse all the Dave Friedman imagery, by visiting our digital collections.

a link would be appreciated
Thanks
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Engineer

The only photograph of one of the 4 original 1966 GT350 Convertibles at Shelby appeared in Autoweek December 9th, 1967.

One of the convertibles is in the background photograph of the "Mid Engine Cobra" .... aka Lone Star prototype.

Autoweek was a newspaper format in 1967.

Engineer

I should have said, the only picture I know of ....

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 08, 2024, 08:59:40 AM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 07, 2024, 10:10:03 PMWith the addition of this latest race, 11,518 items from the Friedman collection are now available on our collections website. Browse just the latest set added, or peruse all the Dave Friedman imagery, by visiting our digital collections.

a link would be appreciated
Thanks

https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/digital-collections/archival-collections/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

s2ms

Quote from: Engineer on July 08, 2024, 02:29:41 PMThe only photograph of one of the 4 original 1966 GT350 Convertibles at Shelby appeared in Autoweek December 9th, 1967.

One of the convertibles is in the background photograph of the "Mid Engine Cobra" .... aka Lone Star prototype.

Autoweek was a newspaper format in 1967.

Given the dark hue (green?) and what appears to be dark side stripes (gold?), I assume this is 6S2375?
Dave - 6S1757

Grumpy

Wow looking for that pic for years. I had a new 65 Mustang convertible. Saw this pic an took it down to my local Ford dealer. Wanted it bad. They checked an said they were not available. Found the Blue car in 1974. Had it for over 40+ years.