News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

An Appeal for a Classic Shelby on August 31, 2024

Started by BGlover67, July 09, 2024, 07:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I was recently contacted by a young man who is getting married on August 31, 2024 in Cary, NC.  He is marrying a young lady named Shelby.  I'm sure you can see where this is going.  It seems his father-in-law to be is a huge car fan and named his daughter after 'ol Shelby.  (Not the first time that's happened, I'm sure)

He is searching for someone who owns an original classic Shelby, preferably a 4 seater (a convertible even better!), who could drive them from the wedding ceremony to the reception, about 15 mins of driving time and 7.5 miles.  Also, he would gladly 'donate' money to the owner for their time and effort.

Is anyone interested in helping out and being a true ambassador of the Shelby car hobby?

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Brian,
If I was closer I would do it, but las, it about 7+ hours away
Wouldn't be the first time I had a bride and groom in the Shelby
Check Page 87 of the Spring Shelby American
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

BGlover67

I know you would help Steve, you are a kind person.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Bill

251 miles each way for me, sorry, I'm out.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

BGlover67

Bill,

You were the first person I thought of....Just kidding, I know it's too far for you too.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover