News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

66 Seats

Started by Plajoie, July 09, 2024, 04:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plajoie

I have a 66 Hertz 6S521 That when I bought it back in 1976 had these seats in it.  I was told that these are from a 67 but I don't think so knowing the little history on the car.  Question is has anyone ever heard or seen these seats in a 66? Thank you

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Plajoie on July 09, 2024, 04:55:05 PMI have a 66 Hertz 6S521 That when I bought it back in 1976 had these seats in it.  I was told that these are from a 67 but I don't think so knowing the little history on the car.  Question is has anyone ever heard or seen these seats in a 66? Thank you
Those are 67 deluxe interior seats.They came optional in 67 Mustangs and standard in 67 Shelby's.The basic seat frame is the same but everything else is different compared to a 66. They definitely did not come in your 66 car looking like that from the factory. FYI if the hardbacks and side trim they are not all cracked or broken they worth well over 1000.00 each. In contrast a typical 66 Mustang seat might be 200.00 each.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Yes have seen them as well as dozens of other seats from other cars. ::) High backs like 69 Mach I were popular ones to swap for when they first came out.  As Bob wrote. Not original for 6S521
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Plajoie

Thank you for the feedback.