News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Reproduction Hertz Mggnum 500 Wheels

Started by hertz350, July 09, 2024, 10:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hertz350

Looking for information on whether the reproduced 66 Shelby chrome Magnum 500 wheels are available? I see they are no longer on the Wheel Vintiques web site or on Mustang vendors websites.

Also looking for recommendations on which company makes the best chrome Magnum 500 14" wheels.

Thank you.
Own SFM6S1624, Black Hertz Automatic built 3/66 now concours trailered restored by Ken Degenstein. Former owner of 1042 a red Hertz automatic and 1643 a black automatic Hertz

67 GT350

I have a set that cam on a car I bought from Vern. They look nice, the tires are new and a little oversized, did not rub on my car with stock height. I just have them stored right now.
RARE  Signature Delete

Brant

Quote from: hertz350 on July 09, 2024, 10:28:13 PMLooking for information on whether the reproduced 66 Shelby chrome Magnum 500 wheels are available? I see they are no longer on the Wheel Vintiques web site or on Mustang vendors websites.

Also looking for recommendations on which company makes the best chrome Magnum 500 14" wheels.

Thank you.

They have unfortunately been discontinued.

There are no correct ones available on the market. They were really nice, and I wish they were still available.

I get inquiries at least weekly for them.

Your only choice would be to find originals. Those are getting tough to find as well.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67 GT350 on July 10, 2024, 10:19:28 AMI have a set that cam on a car I bought from Vern. They look nice, the tires are new and a little oversized, did not rub on my car with stock height. I just have them stored right now.
Quote from: hertz350 on July 09, 2024, 10:28:13 PMLooking for information on whether the reproduced 66 Shelby chrome Magnum 500 wheels are available? I see they are no longer on the Wheel Vintiques web site or on Mustang vendors websites.

Thank you.
If buying used Hertz wheels be absolutely sure what you are looking at. People all of the time get confused on the differences between the special Hertz Magnums and the regular Magnums. Having to tell proud owners that something like pricy wheels are not correct Hertz wheels is one of the worst things for me to do in concours judging over the years. There are Mopar Magnums wheels that are very close and have the same rim profile unlike regular magnums. The Mopar magnums have a slightly different offset. They still aren't correct but would be the next best thing all things condition wise being the same IMO. The regular magnums would be the second choice. What ever you decide just be sure you know what you are buying.There are a good number of people on this forum prepared to help you.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

My wheels do not look like the correct originals, they are only for someone that wants the magnum look, as they are not correct.
RARE  Signature Delete

SHELB66

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that if one chooses to use Mopar magnums a spacer needs to be used on either the front or rear for clearance.  I remember a Shelby that had such spacers and magnums at the SAAC convention maybe 10+ years ago.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SHELB66 on July 12, 2024, 01:02:03 PMPlease correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that if one chooses to use Mopar magnums a spacer needs to be used on either the front or rear for clearance.  I remember a Shelby that had such spacers and magnums at the SAAC convention maybe 10+ years ago.

Craig R.
Sorry I don't remember having to use a spacer.I am skeptical that one is needed. I don't typically suggest using the Mopar wheel but when a Hertz wheel is not available they are good enough to pass scrutiny by the vast majority including some that should know better. The Mopar wheel uses the same rim and the center offset is just 1/4 or less difference in offset from the Hertz wheel. The bolt pattern of course is the same.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby