News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

8T02S169267-00975 on BAT

Started by 5s386, July 19, 2024, 10:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capecodmustang.com

I'm saying this...

If restoration shops are 2-3 years out and charging $150-200K for a restoration then I'd have to say the selling price for this GT 500 isn't an insult.

The biggest selling point on this car were the options.
I personally would rather have a black on black 4 speed with AC GT 500 rather than a red automatic KR.

Coralsnake

Thats why this so fun, everyone can make their choices.

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

The market has spoken $319,000

Black cars rule
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

TLea

A little info. Not going to mention names but a serious collector bought this car. I know him well. His restorer who I am also friends with called me way before the auction ended and I went over with him all the details of what I felt the car needed and the condition of the car. He knew buying it how much money he was gonna end up, putting into it to make it the way he wanted and didn't care. So I guess PT wasn't right on this one because buyer had full disclosure. One thing I've learned over my many years of working with people who pay me to restore these cars is you and I may think of money in a different light as they do. Sometimes they know what they want. They have the money and they're just willing to pay it.

FL SAAC

I concur.

We have a friend, his name is Mikie.

Mikie buys what he wants because he likes it, wants it and can afford it.

I showed him this car after it was sold, his reply was

"why didn't you call me sooner"

"its black, I like it, they ain't making many of these nowadays"

He usually points and gets what he wants, as money to him is just a tool and it's not everything.

Another one of Mikies saying "you cant it with you. Can you"

He is right

Quote from: TLea on August 06, 2024, 06:11:46 PMA little info. Not going to mention names but a serious collector bought this car. I know him well. His restorer who I am also friends with called me way before the auction ended and I went over with him all the details of what I felt the car needed and the condition of the car. He knew buying it how much money he was gonna end up, putting into it to make it the way he wanted and didn't care. So I guess PT wasn't right on this one because buyer had full disclosure. One thing I've learned over my many years of working with people who pay me to restore these cars is you and I may think of money in a different light as they do. Sometimes they know what they want. They have the money and they're just willing to pay it.
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert