News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

8T02S169267-00975 on BAT

Started by 5s386, July 19, 2024, 10:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Thats why the history of the car is so important. Frequently overlooked by BaT buyers.

::)

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

stephen_becker

BaT sucks. They want to tell YOU how much your car is worth and if YOU don't agree then they don't want your car! - Bunch of non-automotive geeks in cubilcles in San Fransissy.

Hard pass!

shelbymann1970

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on July 24, 2024, 09:58:58 PM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on July 24, 2024, 06:00:51 AM
Quote from: SCJSTU on July 19, 2024, 01:36:56 PM
Quote from: Coralsnake on July 19, 2024, 01:03:49 PMIf I recall arent the C8AE-H??

The fiberglass is the only bigger issue I see, its a very nice restored car

Pete,
what about inner fender aprons being replaced along with Rad support , hood and nose?

"The seller indicates that the vehicle was involved in front-end damage during previous ownership, resulting in the core support and inner fender aprons being replaced. The headlight buckets, letter panel, and hood are also replacement items."
I talked to Marc. The aprons replaced and the original vin numbers welded into the new aprons. I guess a pet peeve while a minor one is a 200K plus car with an incorrect last service/Scott Drake repo shift knob on them. With such a beautiful resto You would think they would search out a correct original flat 3 shift knob for it.
So it's considered ok to cut out vin's from an original car and place them into new aprons?  Isn't that how air cars or something like that come about?

QSS
Could you imagine if it was illegal for every 65-67 Mustang that had a damaged beyond repair DS Fender apron or both front Aprons. The problem I see is they do NOT welds the old areas in the new panels. My friend bought a car just like that. The replacement panel carried the VIN of the car it was cannibalized from. My friend didn't care as the car was a rust free 6 cyl  car he bought to disassemble for factory parts for his car. 
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

shelbymann1970

Quote from: stephen_becker on July 25, 2024, 03:04:22 PMBaT sucks. They want to tell YOU how much your car is worth and if YOU don't agree then they don't want your car! - Bunch of non-automotive geeks in cubilcles in San Fransissy.

Hard pass!
Yeah, and they like me real well...I have had friends who did not list their car because of a ridiculously low reserve then I see pieces of shit that do not meet their reserve even though from pics alone the car was bid well past what it would be fair market value. I think it is like the big auctions. They cater to the "big listers". Did you see that Bullitt Mustang for over 110K?  I have never seen a 68 to 70 dash vin rotted like that. I mean never. What shape was that car in before it was "resurrected"? Like Pete said history should be an important piece of the pie. I'd bet that Bullitt car sat in a junkyard field for decades. I'd like to see an ownership chain.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

Coralsnake

I have learned that everyone has a different tolerance level. I guess when you tell them its been wrecked, repaired and reproduction fiberglass was  used and they still want to pay 2x retail (or more), they are just identifying themselves.

Did anyone notice we went from "quite possibly the only one left" to "oh, I saw the identical sister car before"??

🤷🏻�♂️

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 25, 2024, 03:41:08 PMI have learned that everyone has a different tolerance level. I guess when you tell them its been wrecked, repaired and reproduction fiberglass was  used and they still want to pay 2x retail (or more), they are just identifying themselves.

Did anyone notice we went from "quite possibly the only one left" to "oh, I saw the identical sister car before"??

Pete:  Are you saying this car is worth about $112,500?

Bret

Coralsnake

Its worth what someone will pay 😉

If super nice KR fastbacks are 175-200, then I would submit a GT500 is less...we arent to double yet, but will be soon

TA Coupe

Quote from: stephen_becker on July 25, 2024, 03:04:22 PMBaT sucks. They want to tell YOU how much your car is worth and if YOU don't agree then they don't want your car! - Bunch of non-automotive geeks in cubilcles in San Fransissy.

Hard pass!

Don't you tell people what a car is worth as a living? But since you are superior to them, all is good 🙃

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

capecodmustang.com

Roy:  There's a difference between Steve Becker and some kid on BAT.

Steve has experience.
BAT does not.

I've been contacted by sale associates at BAT and they told me upfront what my car was worth.
I have a great deal of knowledge on Shelby values and most of the time I've been spot on.
And they've been wrong.

As far as the previous history is concerned and some of the remarks?
This 68 is one beautiful Shelby.
And if she was in an accident 40 years ago it doesn't matter to this bidder.

Kinda like your girlfriend or wife.
Really doesn't matter what she was before she met you.
It's what she is now.

Just my .02..
Bret

Coralsnake

Unless she caught something! 😉

Coralsnake

Setting up to be the second highest price paid for a GT500 I have seen, sorry I dont think it should be 😉

Coralsnake

Good for the seller

PT Barnum was right $319,000?

Someone paid 2x retail as predicted

capecodmustang.com

As long as restoration shops are charging $150-200K to restore these cars then perhaps this might be the new norm for a high end car.

Even though I thought the price was just too much I'm not sure if this car could be restored and put in this condition for $328K.

The options and condition helped but collectors with resources are seeing the "big picture " figures it out differently.
Just buy a "done car".

I bought this 65 GT 350 awhile back.
Does anyone think I can restore this for under $100K?

Coralsnake

No probably not.

But it should be worth a-lot more than a 1968 GT500

shelbydoug

I don't see where the final selling price is a problem. It doesn't really change the market much except encourage it in that it isn't falling.
The answer really is that "the buyer was in the building" and he wanted that car now.

No one can say if it is a trend up? It may simply be a one of a kind sale? Why fret over it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!