News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1969 shelby gt500 inspection stickers

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, July 19, 2024, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

On my 69 GT500, I believe that I know where the P and F inspection stickers go, but are there any suggestion on where to place the B, E and T stickers?

Royce Peterson

The B, T, P and F stickers go on the cowl just below the hood seal.

The E (Engine compartment) goes on the LH shock tower just forward of the master cylinder.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

J_Speegle

These have been a challenge since they are made of paper and were not designed to last the completion of the cars assembly.

First hope your at least using the reproduction (vinyl verses the original paper) ones with the squared off corners.

Location can slightly or greater vary depending on the specific inspector that placed a specific sticker and for many there are both red and black print ones found on original cars. In addition a lot of them had numbers and in some cases a letter punched into the sticker that identified the inspector in case a defect was found so they could find the inspector and inform them of the issue.

Like many details it might be best if you provide the real completion date for the car at Dearborn so we can focus on what they were doing as well as what inspectors were working in those positions around that same time.

P - For a 69 Shelby find them generally in the drivers side door jamb on the A pillar. Both red and black ink was used. Can find (on non-Shelbys in my collection on the cowl in the drivers side "pocket"  Have seen one fairly early 69 Shelby with a P on the cowl.

These were shared earlier in another thread

F - Often red print on the cowl face above or close to where the hole for the heater motor wire exits the interior or closer the left (looking reward) of the shock tower support on that side.

B -  is often located on the cowl panel just above the pinch weld from firewall to cowl on the drivers side about an inch or two to the outside from the location of the pass through of the wiper motor loom. Most typically in red print. Sometimes when the other inspector places his sticker that can be found to the right (looking rearward) of the "B" then it got applied further to the outside

E- I've not seen or documented (notes or pictures) a E sticker on a 69 Shelby. Would love to see an example of one if they did use them. Of course since 69's were not complete cars when finished there is the possibility a check or two could not be made.

T or T1 - Have pictures of this one l st to the inside/center of the car looking reward Not sure why there is a T and a T1 but may depend on when the car was inspected and by whom. I've found these in black print

Don't think anyone is including the "WW" "C" or "RT" and some others that we sometimes see on 69 Dearborn cars in their "kits" 

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Royce Peterson on July 19, 2024, 07:30:30 PMThe B, T, P and F stickers go on the cowl just below the hood seal.

The E (Engine compartment) goes on the LH shock tower just forward of the master cylinder.
My vert had the original P sticker in the door jamb. More than 1 place for them.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

Coralsnake

Looked at 500 mile car last weekend and the "P" was in the door jamb. Not uncommon
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

The door jam is the most common place that I have found for the P at least in 69/70 Shelby's.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby