News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Great time at SAAC 49

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, July 28, 2024, 09:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

I can say that at least for me I had a great time at SAAC 49.
The track was fun. I heard from a lot of folks that the poker run was really cool, the Simeone museum was amazing with the demo of CSX2287, the car show on Saturday had a lot of cool cars, and even the weather was great after mid day Thursday
Thanks to all who made it happen and for all the folks who bought their cars
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

JD

Steve - Congratulations on turning (driving) 250,000 miles on your '66 Hertz #1431!!!!

Where's photos???
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Quote from: JD on July 28, 2024, 09:46:10 AMSteve - Congratulations on turning (driving) 250,000 miles on your '66 Hertz #1431!!!!

Where's photos???

Rick Kopec has them
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Lincoln tech

I was hoping to meet more members from this site ? only found a few , surprising how many people do not want to participate or show any entrust ???

Rickmustang

A meet and greet with forum names is a great idea!

Side-Oilers

+1 Rickmustang. 

For those of us who weren't able to attend the event, and who also haven't met very many of our forum friends in person, would someone please I.D. the people in that group photo that Steve posted?   (Kopec, of course, everyone knows...including most state troopers!)

Screen names only...so no-one has to risk being abducted by an Evil Corvette UFO. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Lincoln tech

Bunch of old guys that own old and very expensive cars.   ( don't take it the wrong way I'm one of them too )  :)  ;)

mark p

Quote from: Lincoln tech on July 28, 2024, 12:39:17 PMI was hoping to meet more members from this site ? only found a few , surprising how many people do not want to participate or show any entrust ???

Hmmm... there did not appear to be any way to identify individuals/cars with forum names. With 2 different clubs and other non-member participants it was quite the crowd  8)
Steve was pretty obvious... no one else was flying a "250,000 Miles" flag on their Hertz car  ;D

Here are a couple of my random pix:

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird / '22 Mach 1

mark p

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on July 28, 2024, 09:08:34 AM... I had a great time at SAAC 49.
The track was fun. I heard from a lot of folks that the poker run was really cool, the Simeone museum was amazing with the demo of CSX2287, the car show on Saturday had a lot of cool cars, and even the weather was great after mid day Thursday
Thanks to all who made it happen and for all the folks who bought their cars

+1
The event ran like a well-oiled machine, a fantastic job organizing and executing the Convention  8)
(I should have responded to this first)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

2008 GT-C

This was my wife's and I third SAAC event. Good time was had by all. We really enjoyed the Friday evening. I finally got to check out the Simeone Museum. Always great to see a large collection of Shelby automobiles and talk to the owners. People who have owned their cars for 50 years. The roads were not much to be desired in NJ. -Kevin
2008 Shelby GT/SC #102

mark p

Quote from: 2008 GT-C on August 01, 2024, 01:05:58 PMThis was my wife's and I third SAAC event. Good time was had by all....

The roads were not much to be desired in NJ. -Kevin

Glad to know that you had a good time  8)  The Simeone Museum is fantastic, the various Demonstration Days and other events are fun and educational.

I'm not sure how to be sure of the "roads" issue?
The Friday rush-hour ride from Philly (Simeone Museum) back to Millville fit the Event schedule, but was guaranteed to put us in a traffic fiasco. A Friday afternoon in the summer - "everyone" heads "down the shore". The traffic starts to build around noon and gets worse by the minute  :o - we were probably right in the peak of it  :(

mark p

Here are some pix "related" to cars or talks at SAAC-49

The sign that was at 3-Dog Garage with the race history of CSX3010 (black Cobra)

Sam Feinstein Racing Cobra at SAAC-33 (iirc, it is a replica)

Sam at his table at SAAC-33

Former Al Joniac Boss 9 drag car - guest visit at Simeone Museum Event

Quote from: 2008 GT-C on August 01, 2024, 01:05:58 PMThis was my wife's and I third SAAC event. Good time was had by all. We really enjoyed the Friday evening. I finally got to check out the Simeone Museum. Always great to see a large collection of Shelby automobiles and talk to the owners. People who have owned their cars for 50 years. The roads were not much to be desired in NJ. -Kevin

Detroit and Chicago are much worse. Drove my 66 to the Museum and have driven the Michigan and Illinois roads. I-75 in Michigan was like the Ho Chi Min Trail after B52 flyover. The Interstate on the west side of Chicago is worse than a gravel road in Georgia. Some of the best roads I've driven on in recent memory in the 66 were in Arkansas. Smooth , gravel free and without a significant of guardrails.
I did get a shoutout about the car from a homeless person begging at the street light just before the turn onto I-76

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: mark p on July 28, 2024, 03:29:45 PM

Where else could you see a 1 of 1 race truck? Built for Ford by Dearborn Steel & Tubing. It ran B/FX. You ordered a $2600 base truck then it got converted with Galaxie seats and console along with a dual quad 427 for another $3400.
I've always been fascinated by this truck because Gas was hawking them while he was selling/racing at Downtown Motors - before he went on to make history at Russ Davis Ford.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

mark p

^^^ whoa!
and where else can you get the backstory  8)
thanks