News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

8T02R213244-03969

Started by 5s386, July 30, 2024, 11:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Bat is a bad habit-I need to stop

Lol 😉
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

azdriver

Think this KR will do better than the black GT500???🧐

Pat

Coralsnake

Anything can happen on BaT

But, I will say no

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 31, 2024, 11:06:20 AMAnything can happen on BaT

But, I will say no

...and it usually does! ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

5s386

It's totally restored. All new. And I mean "all new". Pre-restoration pictures are important, on any Shelby, IMO. And on BAT, some buyers just want a cool looking Shelby to drive. If the price was right, I would buy it.

Coralsnake

Once again the bidders prove they are not discriminating

ICB33

What do you think of this auction? The car has so little information, and the auction lost steam out of the gate with a bidder who had no intention of buying, throwing a $100K bid. This is quite a bit different from the last auction, which had a good amount of information and a lot of marketing and sales work by the seller. I would love to hear people's honest thoughts as someone who is considering bidding and wants to get into a GT500.

Coralsnake

Are you concerned about authenticity or originality?

ICB33

A little of both. You are the man when it comes to 1968. I have always been interested in your comments and have been checking out your site. This car looks nice but looks like it doesn't have all that much original left on it. At the right price it seems like a fun car to have but how much would it take to get it back to a little more original? Any real thoughts you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Coralsnake

I appreciate your comments. There is a lot that goes unsaid on that forum.

Sometimes even when it is said it doesn't seem to bother bidders.

If I was paying a historically high price for a car, I would expect a lot of originality and some great history.

Apparently, not everyone feels that way

Bob Gaines

It is hard to beat seeing a car in person to better answer a lot of question that can't be answered by looking at pictures on the other side of a monitor. Especially if you know what to look for and where people typically take short cuts.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Agree with Mr Gaines, personal inspection is the way to go. I wonder if the seller has the original tags?

Coralsnake

I guess we will get to see how his decision to replace them will effect the bottom line

I think there will be more bids  tomorrow

CharlesTurner

It's been a strange one to watch.  Seen much worse where shortcomings did not seem to affect interested bidders.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge