News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Desk diorama Miles and Shelby with intentionally dirty R model

Started by deathsled, August 03, 2024, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I just picked this up.  I think it was released this year.  It will look good on my already crowded work desk.  I will look to it for inspiration as I do with the other miniatures.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Now I'll have to find one of those.

My grandson talked me out of this one. Scott Schleh was at one of the SAAC conventions and I had him do this one with specific numbers and windshield messages. In hindsight the sign should have been Sport Cars.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

PM sent.  That is a cool diorama.  Very talented work by the artist.

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on August 03, 2024, 03:26:20 PMI just picked this up.  I think it was released this year.  It will look good on my already crowded work desk.  I will look to it for inspiration as I do with the other miniatures.

Very nice model
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Mr E

I visited our local Wal- Martini to purchase some FREE ON ( by the way it certainly isnt free, but that a topic of another post )

Went by the toy section and was lured in by the same diorama as you.

Looked at the others but only took the Shelby and Camaro montage

What a deal only $9.94 each kool !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

QuickSilverShelby

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

98SVT - was 06GT

Do any of them have the meatballs right side up? Also the only thing on the front fender was a Terlingua sticker. Never Shelby Racing Team - but in 68 "Shelby Racing Co." showed up on the TA cars, Replacing "Terlingua Racing Team" from 1967.
But, I'm just nit picking in case I don't find one. Ebay takes the sport out of the hunt.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Rich since you own a red 1966, M2 has a few versions available

One plain and the other wrapped with decals.
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

FYI SAAC-kers,

Last Christmas I found these also at
Wal-Martini

The price was under $20 dollars
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on August 07, 2024, 09:18:43 PMOh wow.  I want one!  ebay, here I come.

QSS
I waaay overpaid.  Go to Walmart before you consider doing Ebay.  We had nothing of the sort in the Walmart near me  I checked before I bought.  I suspect that the desirable M2 Machines are being bought up en mass and then sold for much higher on Ebay (Fleabay as 98SVT-was 06GT calls it).  If you can get one at Walmart you will save considerably.  I sent an email to M2 Machines office and they did not know about the Shelby-Miles diorama but referred me to Walmart to find one.)

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on August 07, 2024, 09:30:18 PMDo any of them have the meatballs right side up? Also the only thing on the front fender was a Terlingua sticker. Never Shelby Racing Team - but in 68 "Shelby Racing Co." showed up on the TA cars, Replacing "Terlingua Racing Team" from 1967.
But, I'm just nit picking in case I don't find one. Ebay takes the sport out of the hunt.
I wish it did say 98 and have the Terlingua shield on the side but this is about as good as it's going to get.  I wonder who sits in the boardroom (or basement) and decides to get little details wrong.  Is it intentional or they simply have no clue?

deathsled

My diorama arrived today. Super cool!  The scale of Carroll Shelby and presumed Ken Miles is totally to scale to the R model.  And the hood opens to a not too bad rendition of an R model engine with the plenum.  Things get difficult to replicate at a 1/64th scale.  This is about as good as it will get. Simply the bomb. Will add it to my mini garage diorama or make a new one

deathsled