News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69 SHELBY rear light sequencer

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, August 07, 2024, 01:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Just encountered an issue with my brake lights not working. My turn signal lights are working, but I do not have brake lights. I tested the switch (it is new) and I am getting power to, and from the switch (used a power probe). My sequencer is the original one that came in the car in 69.  I had tested the sequencer in another 69 GT500 before putting it my car, and it worked. I DID have brake lights 2 weeks ago. Do I need a new sequencer, or is there an additional test that I can do to continue tracing the problem? Suggestions please

GrabberOrange69

If its original, I believe it has mechanical contact points.  Might open the box and look.  I'd do a wholesale swap of the rear bulbs first as its easier, but unlikely the problem.

I replaced the guts of my '69 sequencer with a solid state board 20+ years ago and never looked back.

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Like everything else on the car, all the bulbs ARE new, AND the brake lights were working last week (only 106 miles on the clock since I finished  the car).  I did buy a new sequencer, but no luck.  the brake lights are still out.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on August 17, 2024, 04:41:48 PMLike everything else on the car, all the bulbs ARE new, AND the brake lights were working last week (only 106 miles on the clock since I finished  the car).  I did buy a new sequencer, but no luck.  the brake lights are still out.
Double check all grounds because that is a typical culprit including horseshoe ones  on the bulb receptacle.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

Thanks Bob for the suggestion, but I'm sure that's not the problem.  I used a power probe at the brake light switch and sent power to the brake lights and they did work. This is why I am confused.  Where else in the circuit could I be getting an interrupt?

69 GT350 Vert

If the Green whire into the box (trunk) is showing full voltage, then the
problem could well be in the trunk box. BUT, if the taillight wire
(Green/Orn or Orn/Blu) is not powered when the brakes only are on for that
side, then the problem is in the switch area.

This information was plagiarized from an email I saved from 2009. 

Don DeRego

If you unplug the harness to the brake light switch at the pedal and run a jumper wire and the lights work. You have a problem with the new switch.

Don DeRego

I would also check the connector that plugs into the switch, sometimes the wires break at the connector and cause intermittent or no lights at all.

Coralsnake

Are you sure its the correct power brake light switch?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com