News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

69 Shelby front bumper Stone Deflector Filler Splash Shield

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, August 13, 2024, 04:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

NPD Item 17779-5A, Where does this item go on the car.  There are no references that I can find to SHOW it as applied.  Does anyone have a picture that they could share.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on August 13, 2024, 04:14:41 PMNPD Item 17779-5A, Where does this item go on the car.  There are no references that I can find to SHOW it as applied.  Does anyone have a picture that they could share.
It goes on before the front bumper. It is screwed down to the stone shield/foglight bracket. It fills the gap between the bumper and the stone shield including the empty space where the front bumper arms pass under.The black in the illustration. The rubber strips overlap in the middle where both sides meet.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

If those are the ones made by Scott H. (muscle car reseach) they are correctly made from correct rubber copy from an original i sent scott years ago as the old repo was wrong material and didnt fit very good.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Special Ed on August 13, 2024, 10:13:00 PMIf those are the ones made by Scott H. (muscle car reseach) they are correctly made from correct rubber copy from an original i sent scott years ago as the old repo was wrong material and didnt fit very good.
I bought a pair from Scott and I also bought the rear bumper shield also for 69-70s(I think some Shelbys didn't come with them?) for my Mach1. Nice pieces.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626