News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

6S1773 back on the road after . . forever

Started by GAdams, August 14, 2024, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAdams

Thanks to that salvage thread months back and some well wishes from you guys, I finally got the incentive to get it done. I was close. You all know how it is. There's always something else more important. I just got a set of Magnum 500's and new 205/70's so I can tackle restoring the original ten spokes over the winter. After I found the plate and owners card, I saw that it turned out to be 20 years since I bought it. Embarrassing.

Again much appreciated to everyone here for the push I needed to finish this car. 99 percent of the bugs are pretty well sorted out.

Looking for the paper clip to attach finished pictures. Just when you think you know what you're doing . . . .

Gary

1968GT500CS

GAdams

I'm at work and now that I think about it, I've always been right beside the car when I posted pictures. I will figure it out.

greekz

SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

silverton_ford

Looks great!  Well done!  Now drive it and enjoy it.  :-)

J_Speegle

Gary Looks great now enjoy

Are those reproduction Magnums they used to sell? The picture with the Magnums caught my eye since only one or two blue cars (non-Hertz) were built with them last time I counted  :) So quickly looked up to see what the original wheels were for your car.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

BDT 739

Hipo-Fred

Way to go Gary, #1773 looks awesome ... enjoy! (just my 2 cents, I like the Magnums.) :)

Fred

deathsled

You made the right choice to finish the car.  Some never live long enough to see their car finished.  It becomes a forgotten relic.  You did very well, sir.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

GAdams

Quote from: J_Speegle on August 14, 2024, 07:01:38 PMGary Looks great now enjoy

Are those reproduction Magnums they used to sell? The picture with the Magnums caught my eye since only one or two blue cars (non-Hertz) were built with them last time I counted  :) So quickly looked up to see what the original wheels were for your car.

I finally found these Jeff with a tip from  Karl at Tony Branda's. I tried Brant and Branda first but found them at Wheel Vintiques. It looks like it's connected to the Coker Tire Company.

I sold a set of original painted Magnum's a few years ago and thought I would try the repop chrome ones until I get the ten spokes done. Do you have any tips on restoring them???

GAdams

Quote from: deathsled on August 14, 2024, 09:02:57 PMYou made the right choice to finish the car.  Some never live long enough to see their car finished.  It becomes a forgotten relic.  You did very well, sir.

I owe you one of the biggest thanks. Incentive from the salvage thread

s2ms

Dave - 6S1757

deathsled

Quote from: GAdams on August 14, 2024, 09:25:12 PM
Quote from: deathsled on August 14, 2024, 09:02:57 PMYou made the right choice to finish the car.  Some never live long enough to see their car finished.  It becomes a forgotten relic.  You did very well, sir.

I owe you one of the biggest thanks. Incentive from the salvage thread
I have a vague recollection of suggesting to finish the car.  But you had to find it within yourself to get it done and the initiative was there.  We all just gave it a little nudge is all.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

pmustang

Stunning car, I had a sapphire blue example which went back to the states. Just a word on magnums, Treat them like fine china. I purchase and install a TON of wheels for my business. The "new" magnums rust if you look at them crooked. Go out in the rain, leave them wet, next day rust. And when they do it, it is brutal. the top coat of chrome is comically thin. Not like the old days where you just clean it off. it goes right through.

FL SAAC

Quote from: GAdams on August 14, 2024, 06:13:22 PMThanks to that salvage thread months back and some well wishes from you guys, I finally got the incentive to get it done. I was close. You all know how it is. There's always something else more important. I just got a set of Magnum 500's and new 205/70's so I can tackle restoring the original ten spokes over the winter. After I found the plate and owners card, I saw that it turned out to be 20 years since I bought it. Embarrassing.

Again much appreciated to everyone here for the push I needed to finish this car. 99 percent of the bugs are pretty well sorted out.

Looking for the paper clip to attach finished pictures. Just when you think you know what you're doing . . . .

Gary

Remember one day at a time, one thing at a time

Keep moving forward
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert