News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wanted Ford Autolite Muscle Bug Items

Started by goingthing, August 19, 2024, 09:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Quote from: propayne on August 19, 2024, 04:13:08 PMI see that the jewelry is made in Australia.

Any chance this is an Aussie thing?

- Phillip

first and foremost Gday mate + 1  fair dinkum
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

goingthing

Propayne mentioned if there were any photos of the Muscle Bug Car. The July 1970 Autolite Merchandising News has a small article on the car. It was powered by one of those cute little Boss 302's. I'm not sure if the car still exist. Also in the article it shows the Doo-Dads merchandising brochure. JSpeegle, The program did get a start and it was in the Unite States market but was very short lived. I have several of the Muscle Bug items as well as our friend Bob Perkins. I will share a couple photos if my items.

goingthing

Couple photos of some of the Muscle Bug items I have.

propayne

Thank you goingthing for all of this great new (to me) info pertaining to an aspect of the hobby I enjoy most - that is merchandizing and advertising.

It's because of fascinating information like this that I am on this forum.

I come here to learn. If I knew everything I wouldn't come here  ;D

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Special Ed

I have some extra nos muscle bug key fobs here if anybody wants them.

TA Coupe

This stuff does remind me of the muscle parts program. I've got the first catalog and supplement 1 and 2. I've also got a few of the decals.
Ed,how much do you want for one of your key fobs? I just donated my 2 different Shelby ones and a couple of tie tacs and a boatload of other memorabilia stuff to the Cobra Experience museum so I wouldn't mind picking up something else to put with some of my other display items.

Thanks, Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.