News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The Shelby American - Summer 2024

Started by silverton_ford, August 21, 2024, 11:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Congrats to Steve McDonald for the SAAC Summer 2024 cover!

SAAC's Summer 2024 publication of The Shelby American is published on the Member's Only page.

Check it out! - https://saac.wildapricot.org/ (Go to saac.com then click on "Publications" at the top of the page. Log in and read....)

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Corey Bowcutt

Congratulation Steve!  Looks terrific.  Wish I could have been there.

Corey

JD

Congratulations - "The Rolling Ambassador - Steve McDonald #6S1431"
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

The plan is to keep driving it until either I A:Run out of money B:Car wears out or C: I wear out
Since I try to just do most of the work myself, A is low probability B Since I am the king of deferred maintenance, I just follow the factory recommended intervals. C: This is the most probable as I just turned 74 and am starting to feel it
Until then it's drive it and enjoy it
Plans for the rest of the year.
Pick up from display at the Simeone Museum on Tuesday, and a local car show on Labor Day weekend, car show in Leesburg Va on the 14th of Sept, car show at the Lehigh Vally SAAC club on Sept 22,  St Micheals Concours on Sept 29th, Hershey on Oct 10-11, Rockville Md car show on Oct 19th, and finally the Hilton Head Concours on Nov 1st-3rd. Plus whatever else I can fit into the time line with local drives, cruises and just plain riding around
On my deathbed I'll have a smile on my face of all the things I did rather than with regret of the things I should have done.
Drive it, you'll never regret it
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

FL SAAC

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on August 22, 2024, 07:06:54 PMThe plan is to keep driving it until either I A:Run out of money B:Car wears out or C: I wear out
Since I try to just do most of the work myself, A is low probability B Since I am the king of deferred maintenance, I just follow the factory recommended intervals. C: This is the most probable as I just turned 74 and am starting to feel it
Until then it's drive it and enjoy it
Plans for the rest of the year.
Pick up from display at the Simeone Museum on Tuesday, and a local car show on Labor Day weekend, car show in Leesburg Va on the 14th of Sept, car show at the Lehigh Vally SAAC club on Sept 22,  St Micheals Concours on Sept 29th, Hershey on Oct 10-11, Rockville Md car show on Oct 19th, and finally the Hilton Head Concours on Nov 1st-3rd. Plus whatever else I can fit into the time line with local drives, cruises and just plain riding around
On my deathbed I'll have a smile on my face of all the things I did rather than with regret of the things I should have done.
Drive it, you'll never regret it

Blessed and at the end of the journey they will call him the real WINNER...go Steve go!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert