News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The ugliest?

Started by Coralsnake, August 26, 2024, 01:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

67 GT350

That is funny, my friend bought one new, I could have bought it for 2K....I was going to use it as my winter car.
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 26, 2024, 01:16:54 PMIs this the ugliest car Shelby put his name on?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-dodge-lancer-2/
I think the 69 Shelby De Mexico cars would also be in the running for the top dog on that list.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

CharlesTurner

So is just a sticker on the rear that makes this a 'Shelby'?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

tesgt350

First one I have seen without the Shelby Valve Cover and the Fancier Seats.

FL SAAC

Folks was there ever a doubt ?

M.O.P.A.R. = MY OLD PIG AIN'T RUNNING

A very close second are the Oldsmobiles...
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

The actual Shelby Lancers were 87s. This is just an ES turbo. 

Coralsnake

Does that mean its not an original decal?

That is correct. Might be an original decal but not installed by the owner or previous owner

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 26, 2024, 01:35:53 PM
Quote from: Coralsnake on August 26, 2024, 01:16:54 PMIs this the ugliest car Shelby put his name on?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-dodge-lancer-2/
I think the 69 Shelby De Mexico cars would also be in the running for the top dog on that list.  

Ya think ?   Naaaaaa
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Look at this 1969 in the good old USA

It's a beauty!

And this 1968 in Mejico

Even though its VERDE.....esta muy bonito!
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Shelby never built 4 doors until Iacocca tried to tie the Shelby magic to substandard automobiles. Shelby being one to never turndown a payday was happy to participate.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

I will have to respectfully disagree, Mr Gaines, that coupe conversion was genius!

I wonder if Mr Marti can identify the cars in his database?

Whats holding them back is there is no good hype man

J_Speegle

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 27, 2024, 02:12:28 PMI will have to respectfully disagree, Mr Gaines, that coupe conversion was genius!

Not sure if Kevin got access to Mexico plant records or for that matter records for plants outside of the US
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 27, 2024, 02:12:28 PMI will have to respectfully disagree, Mr Gaines, that coupe conversion was genius!

Whats holding them back is there is no good hype man
Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the coupe conversion to fastback reminds me of a false store front on a old western movie set and that is just one thing about the car that makes me shudder.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby