News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Wisdom after watching BaT

Started by Coralsnake, August 27, 2024, 01:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-shelby-mustang-gt350h-4/

"If an ignorant man gives you a dollar and a genius gives you a dollar, you will have two dollars"

-Coralsnake

There seems to be a lot of ignorant money
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

Well bought and well sold 1966 GTH #SFM6S1568

The market has spoken $175,000 plus fees

Shame it did not have A/C .......
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 27, 2024, 01:12:56 PMhttps://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-shelby-mustang-gt350h-4/

"If an ignorant man gives you a dollar and a genius gives you a dollar, you will have two dollars"

-Coralsnake

There seems to be a lot of ignorant money

I usually say to each his own, but then there are times when I see this:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ford-gt-heritage-edition-31/

Well sold, as with the one above (A SAAC forum alumni).

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

I cant imagine buying something, Im not remotely familiar with...

QuickSilverShelby

I wish you guys wouldn't be so cryptic about the 66 GT350.  I was watching the auction and reading the comments but I have a hard time "reading between the lines".  I want to learn and I want to buy a 65 or 66 GT350 but it's so hard to get honest facts, I'm almost too paranoid to ever pursue another car.

QSS 
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Coralsnake

Oh no paranoia just saying the guy literally asked what the "H" was for?

Either he was unsuccessfully trying to be funny or he is very ignorant of the cars

I guess I have come to the conclusion, the sellers are winning

No reflection on the car

5F09K

Just to understand, is it too expensive? What is the problem with this auction? Thanks.

Coralsnake

Again, There is no problem with the auction.

I think there is something wrong when someone that doesnt know what the "H" in GT350H stands for wins the auction.

He literally asked that question.

...and before you all get in a bunch and go off on me and say its his money....

I totally get it. ..and yes I understand some people know more than others, but thats kind of a real basic starting point.

My point is if you are going in that uninformed, there is a higher than average chance, you could get taken advantage of.

Maybe not here, but in general

rhjanes

It seems there are always people with a lot of money, buying into what they perceive to be investments.  I remember the market crash of October 1987. I was building a shop.  I had the funds to build the shop with sweat equity, or buy a 1966 GT350.  I decided to build the shop.   Then the market lost 20 percent.   Lots of people cashed out of the stock/bond markets and bought into items they could "put their hands on".   Art, Wine, antiques, CARS.  By the next year, that GT350 had doubled in value.  Many were purchased by people who heard about "GT350" when they wrote a check for the car.   It also happened with art work, wines.   I was waiting for the news where someone saw a bottle of some fancy antique wine sold for $10,000, so they bought a bottle for $8000.  Great deal!   (for a 1976 bottle of Bartles & James......LOL). 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Coralsnake

I remember that well, I was buying my first Shelby watching the prices go up....

Bob Gaines

Crazy times. I can remember one guy calling  me up ( still don't know how he got my number)wanting me to sell one of my Shelby's and in trying to convince me he said he had access to pension fund money. As if to imply I could name my price if only I would sell. Crazy.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Had a guy offer me gold bars for payment once....now Im thinking that might have worked out

68blk500c

Do some basic research on gold prices over time.  It isn't that impressive.

Coralsnake

mgreene

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 28, 2024, 11:18:20 AMI remember that well, I was buying my first Shelby watching the prices go up....

I was in the same boat - wrote this article about it way back then...
http://www.gt350h.com/documents/grail1.html
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera