News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 puzzle

Started by Coralsnake, August 29, 2024, 07:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Puzzle solved with the help of Mr Liska!

Short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6GuenFAobs

This is what nerds do in their spare time
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

propayne

LOL - you know I'm digging that!

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Corey Bowcutt

Very cool Pete. I enjoyed that.
Corey

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

Hard to watch after the "outboard headlights". I tried to stick it out but when some political hack interrupts my viewing with a pitch for cash I close the window.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

You should be able to fast forward through any ads

azdriver

Great video. Interesting that it has the sill molding decals stating Shelby Los Angeles...

Pat

Coralsnake

Still incorrect 😉

But interesting since we just talked about it. I suspect the dealer could have replaced it

pbf777

I'm sorry, but I'm obviously what one might classify as a "Doubting Thomas", and although there do seem to be similarities between the the car shown in the magazine and the one he's standing next to, and it very well 'may' be the same car, but, I'm not sure based solely on the "evidence" presented that I'd declare to the world that "this is 'that' car"!  ::) 

I suppose the next thing I'd try to establish, if possible, would be what other GT500's might have passed through the Koons Ford Dealership; but this would have to include those not only as new entities (which one might assume what was utilized in the magazine test article), but also what might have been as used cars (which this car also could have been as on the lot) which might have received a dealer decal at a later date.  :-\

Also, perhaps it is possible to have the magazine photos examined by a professional/expert on the subject of attempting to establish what color the car really was in the B & W photos?  ???

That is assuming I really wanted to attempt to further 'prove' that this 'was' the car; but even then...................  ::)

Scott. 

Coralsnake

Those are excellent observations Scott. I think you are a professional 😉

Let me help a bit, although the video makes it sound like the history was traced backwards, in reality it was traced forward.

The article was found first, the list of possible Koons cars
was developed (a short list) and the car was identified. There is not a lot of "detail" in the video about that.

There are some things in the photographs like plastic panduits and other small details that are still on the car today.

Once Vinny identified the car, I set out to find the owner. It was very nice to find it largely unrestored. That allowed us to confirm those details. The large Koons crown being the most obvious.

That was when I contacted Parker. Originally, he asked me to be in the video, but its not about me, its about putting the puzzle together

Coralsnake

Here are some more of those details.

Keeping in my the possible candidate list was very short

Coralsnake

The same non-stock straps for the wiring are on the car "as found"

The air cleaner mounting is the same . Not all 68s had a single wing nut

Coralsnake

A little hard to see in this picture, but the decal is in the exact same angle and location.

Coralsnake

Has the skeptic been convinced yet?  ;D

Coralsnake

I got asked how large this decal was. I did some measurements and I am pretty sure its 4 inches tall. The width is a little wider maybe 4 1/4 or 4 1/2 inches.

There is artwork on the Koons Page as well:

www.thecoralsnake.com/Koons.html