News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

'69 350 Fan Blade

Started by Survivor, August 30, 2024, 10:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Survivor

Is the 5 blade fan correct for a '69/350 auto w/o ac-or put another way, would it have been standard as part of the extra cooling package.

J_Speegle

The original fan would be the C8SE-A marked one according to buildsheet examples of GT350 without AC

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

More- Set of pictures of a C8SE-A fan I collected of the net

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

In this 69/70 GT350 context that 4 blade fan typically would be used with the base narrower radiator. Cars equipped with the extra cooling radiator used a different fan.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 31, 2024, 12:03:44 PMIn this 69/70 GT350 context that 4 blade fan typically would be used with the base narrower radiator. Cars equipped with the extra cooling radiator used a different fan.

Just offering what the buildsheets for 69 GT350 show. Thought that both AC and non-AC used the same but the buildsheets showed differently. Any reason why AO Smith would change them?

Looked through my pictures and with the shrouds and the odd angle didn't find a clear picture of a 69 wo AC's fan

Coralsnake

I believe you will find the four bladed C90E-A fan was used on many 1969 GT350s without AC. I do not think AO Smith would have changed those, most likely a production line item.

I understand this does not conform to the actual build sheets
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com