News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fire extinguisher

Started by SCOTTGTK, August 31, 2024, 07:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCOTTGTK

All, does anyone have a recommendation for a fire extinguisher inside the car. Not a system, just a bottle type.. Thank you, Scott

Jhockman

2.5# FE-36 Clean agent extinguisher

SCOTTGTK

Thank you Jhockman.... any particular brand you like?

SCOTTGTK

Thanks again... just read about that brand.

SCOTTGTK

Last question, what do you like about this one?

NC TRACKRAT

For years I've been a proponent of good old HALON but I've been won over to the ELEMENT 50.  It's small (fits in the glovebox), lightweight, highly efficient, clean and runs for 50 seconds vs. about 10-15 seconds for a 2-1/2 lb. bottle. www.elementfire.com  Often, some of the more prominent parts suppliers will run sales with 15% off if you order three. We have them in our vehicles and the kitchen.
5S071, 6S1467

Bill

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on August 31, 2024, 09:02:59 AMFor years I've been a proponent of good old HALON but I've been won over to the ELEMENT 50.  It's small (fits in the glovebox), lightweight, highly efficient, clean and runs for 50 seconds vs. about 10-15 seconds for a 2-1/2 lb. bottle. www.elementfire.com  Often, some of the more prominent parts suppliers will run sales with 15% off if you order three. We have them in our vehicles and the kitchen.

Element 50 gets my vote after seeing it in action a year ago.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Jhockman

Quote from: SCOTTGTK on August 31, 2024, 08:50:15 AMLast question, what do you like about this one?

I worked in fire protection business for 25 years and found them very reliable. Equally as good is Amerex
I also like that they can be visually inspected and they can be easily serviced.

Jhockman

Quote from: Jhockman on August 31, 2024, 09:26:42 AM
Quote from: SCOTTGTK on August 31, 2024, 08:50:15 AMLast question, what do you like about this one?

I worked in fire protection business for 25 years and found them very reliable. Equally as good is Amerex
I also like that they can be visually inspected and they can be easily serviced.
[/quot

I done like that you have to strike the element extinguisher with something that you can easily drop in the moment

SCOTTGTK

Thank you all!
Jhockman.... you have to strike something? To activate?

Jhockman

Quote from: SCOTTGTK on August 31, 2024, 09:39:41 AMThank you all!
Jhockman.... you have to strike something? To activate?

Watching a video on the element 50 extinguisher in use it appears so

FL SAAC

usually.... I said usually in the trunk
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SCOTTGTK

Yeah, watched a couple video's also... looks pretty easy and effective. Like the fact it can go in a glove box etc.

Bill

Quote from: SCOTTGTK on August 31, 2024, 12:46:56 PMYeah, watched a couple video's also... looks pretty easy and effective. Like the fact it can go in a glove box etc.

In my daily driver (Expedition) it's mounted to a bracket just to the left of the drivers seat. Easy to get to in case of an emergency, such an an engine or dash related fire.
In my vintage rides, I have velcro straps that keeps it close enough for me to grab it, also next to the drivers seat, again, so I do not have to search for it, or god forbid, I was upside down and on fire while trapped in the vehicle of choice I happen to be driving. Element makes some generic mounting brackets that can be tweaked for just about any vehicle.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0