News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby the Man the Myth the Legend book

Started by FL SAAC, September 04, 2024, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Just read Shelby the Man the Myth the Legend.

First and foremost, that cover just invites you to pull it off the shelf and devour it.

I found the book very easy to read, truly enjoyed it.

Lots of details about Carroll Shelby, his achievements,  his campaign with the big boys, his companies, spoke about all my favorite cars and his issues with FoMoCo.

Did have a few entries or events that I had never had known until now.

I give it two thumbs up, it's a great read!

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Anything written by Wally Wyss = 90% BS ever since "Shelby's Wildlife"
He's now an "artist" selling computer generated prints he's painted atop - just without the numbers.......

https://artbusinessnews.com/2024/02/the-evolution-of-car-artist-wallace-wyss/

His method of approaching a painting is to carefully enlarge his favorite picture from each event up to 11" x 17" and use carbon paper to transfer the skeletal outline to the painting surface. Then once he does a rough, he prints it on one kind of paper, then corrects it, prints it on another type of paper, taking sometimes five or six runs. All the paper is from Kelly and his favorite is "linen" which actually looks like linen cloth. Then if he has a paper print he really likes is selected for a giclee print, gallery wrapped (canvas wrapped around the wood frame). His favorite giclee size is 20" x 30" but he can be persuaded to go larger. He then embellishes. "To some artists an embellishment is a dab here or there--with me it's painting the whole picture again atop the print."

What is the difference between a giclee and a print?
What Is a Giclee Print? A true giclée print refers to an archival print made from an inkjet printer equipped with a highly permanent set of inks in a wide range of colors.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless