News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Top 10 Cars Used in Movies

Started by FL SAAC, September 05, 2024, 01:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Ford has always had a very good PR group in SoCal that have offered the TV and Movie biz just about carte blanche on borrowing cars. Ford even went so far as to refurbish flood cars (bought back from dealers) to loan them for crashes and explosions. You didn't really think they blew up a new 30 grand car in that movie......did you?
Austin Craig has to get the award for the most successful car placement. He was working for Pontiac's ad company and they got a call about using a Pontiac in an upcoming series. He went to Hollyweird with strict instruction not to give anything away. Pontiac was on life support and couldn't afford much. He returned to Detroit and almost got fired when he told his bosses he gave away 8 cars. Of course once Knight Rider and Kitt hit the small screen and Firebird sales hit all time highs he was the hero.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tesgt350

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 05, 2024, 03:01:02 PMFord has always had a very good PR group in SoCal that have offered the TV and Movie biz just about carte blanche on borrowing cars. Ford even went so far as to refurbish flood cars (bought back from dealers) to loan them for crashes and explosions. You didn't really think they blew up a new 30 grand car in that movie......did you?
Austin Craig has to get the award for the most successful car placement. He was working for Pontiac's ad company and they got a call about using a Pontiac in an upcoming series. He went to Hollyweird with strict instruction not to give anything away. Pontiac was on life support and couldn't afford much. He returned to Detroit and almost got fired when he told his bosses he gave away 8 cars. Of course once Knight Rider and Kitt hit the small screen and Firebird sales hit all time highs he was the hero.

Same with Smokey and the Bandit. BUT, according to the original Script, the Bandit was supposed to be driving a 427 Shelby Cobra until Burt stepped in and said NO.  Burt chose the Black Trans Am.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 05, 2024, 03:21:06 PM.... according to the original Script, the Bandit was supposed to be driving a 427 Shelby Cobra until Burt stepped in and said NO.  Burt chose the Black Trans Am.
So he knew the limits of his driving ability........
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert