News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

those were the days...

Started by Chris Thauberger, September 19, 2024, 09:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Thauberger

Remember how fun this club was before the circus came to town??

Being the "All time post count king" on a forum is kinda like being rich in Monopoly... guess he was embarrassed about, removed from his profile   LMAO

Video: Gold Concours GT500

Chris Thauberger

Being the "All time post count king" on a forum is kinda like being rich in Monopoly... guess he was embarrassed about, removed from his profile   LMAO

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

mark p

I have those stickers all over  :)  :)  8)  8) thanks for posting
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird / '22 Mach 1

67 GT350

Are you saying because the cars are too valuable to have fun with now?
RARE  Signature Delete

roddster

I have that "license to speed" laminated and hanging on the radio knob in my 67 GT350.

trotrof1

Back when speeding tickets were $25 and they made you dump your beer out on the ground.

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: mark p on September 19, 2024, 12:06:05 PMI have those stickers all over  :)  :)  8)  8) thanks for posting

I was going through some boxes the other day... amazing what I kept. :)

Brings back good memories

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: trotrof1 on September 19, 2024, 01:11:28 PMBack when speeding tickets were $25 and they made you dump your beer out on the ground.

Ain't that the truth. Poured out plenty of beer back in the day...

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Mine is still fun to drive. I'm just getting to old
The only true value you lose is when you don't drive it
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

67 GT350

This is as good as my signature: "The only true value you lose is when you don't drive it."
RARE  Signature Delete

TA Coupe

Those were the days my friend.I thought they'd never end. This is what I thought of when I saw the heading to your post. I'm sure most of you will remember the song.
Link to the Lyrics:
https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/mary-hopkin/those-were-the-days

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

Chris Thauberger

Any one have one of the chrome stickers that warned passengers to sit close to the driver due to the excessive speed of the cars?

That was my favourite 😉

98SVT - was 06GT

Even CS was having fun.
Was it the old places shutting down?
Was it the passing of all our heroes?
Was it being sued by the guy you revered who wanted to steal all your hard work?
Was it that the cars became too valuable to risk on the track or public highways?
Was it the politics that seperated Kopec-Pardee voters from CS and Dan Gurney voters? How many wanted Pat Paulson?
Is it that we've got collections of SA/CS memorabilia of the history of these cars that the new generation of owners could care less about?
Or is the the fact that we're 50 years into this hobby and have seen/done it all? Sure my bucket list includes riding in the 3 coupes I haven't ridden in and driving the 4 I haven't driven - but that ain't gonna happen.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tesgt350

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on September 19, 2024, 02:34:06 PM
Quote from: mark p on September 19, 2024, 12:06:05 PMI have those stickers all over  :)  :)  8)  8) thanks for posting

I was going through some boxes the other day... amazing what I kept. :)

Brings back good memories

Don't you mean "Amazing what your Wife didn't throw out"?   ::)